Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avel Posts: 199, Reputation: 0

Apr 24, 2006, 11:52 PM
    MDS files...
    Hi, I have MDS game files... I wonder how can I play these games in my PC...

And in burning its too large for a 700MB dics, I can't use dvd dics cause I only have vcd dics writer... if there's any software that can cut this big file, so that I can burn it...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2006, 03:57 AM
    http://www.geeknewz.com/board/lofive...php/t2433.html
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2006, 05:27 AM
    You might want to try Daemon Tools : http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/index.php

It will allow you to set up a virtual CD/DVD drive and from this you can use these files as if they were a disk in your PC.

Please note that if you don't own these games and you attempt to play them, you will be breaking the law. Hopefully, you own the games though.

Apr 25, 2006, 08:47 PM
    A it's a downloaded games. My care is to play it not to make a copy and give to others I just want to play it in my PC that's all, I heard that you can play ps games in your PC using emulator, by the way mds are ps game file right?.

I ask for burning it, so that I can transfer it to my PC at home cause its in my PC at the office, I think there no illegal on that...
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Apr 25, 2006, 09:16 PM
    Use nero image drive.. works for all image types... just find your image file and mount... good luck

Apr 26, 2006, 12:28 AM
    Wowwww, wait is MDS a image file? Cause I have image files too...

Apr 26, 2006, 12:33 AM
    File Extension Details for .MDS

Apr 27, 2006, 11:49 PM
    How would I know that a MDS file is a PS2 or PS1 format..
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2006, 01:53 AM
    You don't, you'll have to ask your frinds at bittorrent. Bye.

Apr 28, 2006, 03:01 AM
    Do I have a chance to play the game in my PC..

Apr 28, 2006, 06:47 AM
    Now the issue has changed... are you trying to DL a ps2 game into your system to play?if you are.. you cannot play those games on a computer without an emulator and even with an emulator you do not need the mds files but that's a whole other can of worms... if you were installing image files from a PC game then it might work... but a ps1 or ps2.. no go

May 1, 2006, 06:35 PM
    But what emulator must I have, to make it work. Is there any free to download... you see these MDS files are just downloaded... And I really don't have an idea how to use it, do I have to click it or something...
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2006, 02:13 AM
    Avel - we can't really help you here. If these are Playstation games that you have downloaded off the internet and you don't own the games - playing them would be illegal. It would be unethical to help you run the programs. If you need help, try the place where you got the files.

May 2, 2006, 02:18 AM
    Hmmm so that's what illegal mean... sorry I just thought that illegal is when you copy a licensed software then and gave it to others... but thanks any way...
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

May 2, 2006, 12:18 PM
    This is an old article, but it describes how many people see "downloading" pirated software from the Internet as no big deal.

BBC NEWS | Technology | Software piracy 'seen as normal'

There are many ways to rationalize stealing (... I would never have bought it anyway, they're a big company and can afford it, prices are too high and I'm poor, it's a download - eveyone does it... ), but at the end of the day it's theft just the same.
    richard449 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 09:34 AM
    Download Daemon Tools and mount the file... Daemon will create a virtual CD drive that will help playing games without a CD I have done the same with FarCry:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't use WMV files [ 2 Answers ]

When I bought my computer, it came installed with Windows XP and all other programs. I tried getting service pack 2 and was unable to install it as the XP was not the original. Ever since the computer has been displaying XP not genuine and has basically made all the WMV files and video capture in...

Help with .bop .vob .ifo files [ 6 Answers ]

hey guys, I ran into a little problem, I had just finished downloading 40 year old virgin and, I wanted to burn it onto a dvd so likewise, I unrar it everything goes smooth, blah blah. I have two video files for it and when I opened Nero 6 Ultra Edition, and I used Nero Express,it gave me the...

Unwanted backup(?) files/"ghost" files [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have been getting these strange files that activate when I open Microsoft word documents. They are like shadow files. And also they appear in My Photo section too. Here is some information I have copied from the property boxes of the files. I have done virus scans on these "ghost"...

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

Log files [ 3 Answers ]

What are log files and is it safe to delete them? Sorry if this is a stupid question. :( I just have a lot of them and don't want to delete them if I shouldn't do so. I'm trying to clean up my computer so it will hopefully work better. I've made a lot of mistakes and deleted a lot of the wrong...

View more questions Search