Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kidsresources Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 06:11 PM
    How to organise pages for a book?
    I have written a book and at the moment it is organised in A5 form on A4 pages with the page setup as portrait. In order to print it as a book I need to change it to landscape with 2 pages of A5 text side by side. I have no idea how to do this. Please can you help?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2008, 04:03 AM
    Hi, kidsresources!

I do apologize that no one has yet come along to respond to your question here. I know how to organize a book using Microsoft Word, but I'm not sure what you mean by A5 form on A4 pages. Would you mind explaining what you mean by that?

Thanks!

Aug 29, 2008, 08:31 PM
    Hi
    What I meant was that I had originally written the book on A4 and then reduced it to A5. So at the moment it is displayed on screen in portrait. Sorry to confuse you and thanks for offering to help
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2008, 01:33 AM
    It's okay, thanks! But, I'm still confused as to what you mean by A4 and A5. I have not had opportunity to work with sizes that are described like that.

In the word processing programs in which I am familiar, I use a landscape setting for the pages in order to make a book.

What program are you using for this project, please?

Thanks!

Aug 30, 2008, 02:01 AM
    I'm using Microsoft word. I started by typing everything on A4 size on portrait as my page set up. I then reduced all my pages to A5 because I knew that I needed to put 2 pages of A5 onto an A4 sized paper but it is still on portrait not landscape. This is where I got stuck. I don't know how to change what I have now by putting 2 pages of A5 onto 1 page of landscape. I hope that explains it?
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2008, 02:14 AM
    Okay, thanks! I also have Microsoft Word and will check out this letter and number thing about the designation of the sizes. But, it will take me awhile to do that. Not something that I can do tonight. There may be a simpler way around this, though.

How many pages is the book and is there anything other than text in it, please?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2008, 02:27 AM
    I see that your offline from the site now. Depending on the length and what is in your book, it's possible that we might be able to format it right here because Microsoft Word documents are among the formats that can be uploaded to this site.

As such, I look forward to further dialogue with you concerning your project!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a good thesis statement with any book and another book or movie [ 2 Answers ]

Well do u have a good thesis stament for sny book and movie

Looking for book from The Weekly Reader Book Club, 60's or 70's, paperback, on WWI. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All, I trying to find a book that I bought in the mid-60's from The Weekly Reader Book Club. I believe it was simply called World War I. It's a small paperback. There's pictures in the book, one of which is subtitled "Doughboys to the Front". In this photo is my grandfather. I loaned...

Pages in a Book [ 1 Answers ]

WOULD you PLEASE BE SURE... "How many pages does it take to SELL a good book?" Thank you. New writer wondering HOW MANY PAGES it takes, and/or perhaps there is NO requirement. Just want to be sure!!

Weekly reader book order book from the 80's [ 5 Answers ]

OK, I am so frustrated! I had this book when I was in the 5th grade in the 80's, I'd say it was around 1985 or 1986. Anyway, I loved this book and I lost it when I was a kid and I would give ANYTHING to find it again! I got the book from the Weekly Reader book order in school. There was a girl...

View more questions Search