Sep 3, 2008, 12:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sndbay
    Choice.... note the scripture manifold wisdom of God.. His Spiritual Truth

KNOW THE FOUR "W's"
    1. WHO? CHRIST
    2.WHERE? JERUSALEM
    3.WHEN? PASSOVER
    4.WHY? TO SAVE THE WORLD FROM DEATH
    Where did you get these four "w's"? From man or from Scripture?

In 1 Corinthians 2, Paul comes to straighten the church out because it began to worship man and follow foolishness of man.

1 Corinthians2:1-2 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

1 Corinthains 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Paul assures the power of Christ is over all. And that no man should glory in their own work, beause it is Christ that is present, to hold all glory for what can be and is.

1 Corinthians 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1 Corinthians 1:27-29 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.

1 Corinthians 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, " He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord." ( Jeremiah 9:23-24 )

Not the enticing words of man in traditions

1 Corinthains 2:4-5 And my speech and my preaching
    MY SPEECH AND MY PREACHING

Here St. Paul takes possession of the Word of God and makes it his. That is the example we follow.

was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

No wisdom found in man
    Is St. Paul a man? He calls the Gospel "my" speech and "my" preaching.

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. ( Isaish 64:4)

Christ is the High Priest, The Head of the Church in God's House. Christ is power over all authorities. We are subject to being a servant to Christ and His Will be done.

Hebrews 10: 21-24 And having an High Priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for He is faithful that promised) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

1 Peter 3:22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers, being made subject unto Him.

1 Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

The church does not baptize, but the Holy Ghost baptizes.

But Scripture says that we baptize WITH water and the Holy Ghost:
    John 3 5 Jesus answered: Amen, amen I say to thee, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Show me where Scripture says the Holy Ghost baptizes.

Power is in the hands of God. We look to Christ to follow Him. Christ is present through the Holy Spirit. We call upon Him and He will answer.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and {{{ they follow me:}}}

John 10:30 I and My Father are one.
    We also obey Christ. And Christ told us to hear the Church.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Another follower of man in praise?
    Do you not permit anyone to praise anybody else?

Praise in glory to man's traditions rather then The Spiritual Truth Our Father.
    Praise in glory to God's traditions which are taught by men in obedience to the Word of God.

What do you follow at Passover Season?
    Christ is our Passover
    1 Corinthians 5 7 Purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new paste, as you are unleavened. For Christ our pasch is sacrificed.

Our Passover is celebrated daily:
    Acts Of Apostles 2 46 And continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they took their meat with gladness and simplicity of heart;

1 Corinthians 11 2 Now I praise you, brethren, that in all things you are mindful of me: and keep my ordinances as I have delivered them to you.

The traditions of man, and the Easter eggs? Double mindedness perhaps?..
    We follow all of Scripture. And Scripture does not condemn all traditions of men. Only those which contradict God's word.

DeMaria should Fred praise what you offer (or) give praise to what God reveals in scripture?
    Why should he not praise what is worthy of praise in man and what God reveals through His Traditions as well as through Scripture.

Fred if DeMaria is gifted in teaching, then who desires the praise ?
    Can you honestly say that you don't desire praise if you do something that is worthy of praise?

As for me, I thank God if I have done something praiseworthy.

I pray thee to know the truth.. follow Christ who receives all glory honor and praise.

What? Did you leave out these verses of Scripture?
    1 Corinthians 11 1 Be ye followers of me, as I also am of Christ.

Philippians 3 17 Be ye followers of me, brethren, and observe them who walk so as you have our model.

1 Corinthians 1:30
    But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, " He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord." ( Jeremiah 9:23-24 )
    Where does that verse say we must not praise men?

And what do you do with these?
    Romans 13 3 For princes are not a terror to the good work, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? Do that which is good: and thou shalt have praise from the same.

1 Corinthians 11 2 Now I praise you, brethren, that in all things you are mindful of me: and keep my ordinances as I have delivered them to you.

1 Peter 2 14 Or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of the good:

Sincerely,

De Maria
    tsila1777 Posts: 138, Reputation: 18

Sep 3, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by [B
    sndbay[/B]]When we discuss Christianity, is there fear of causing more harm then good? Should we avoid it?

Titus 3:8-11 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men. 9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

YES!
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria

Show me where Scripture says the Holy Ghost baptizes.

We also obey Christ. And Christ told us to hear the Church.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    Believe in the Holy Spirit and His mission (John 16:7-14; Acts 2).

John 16:7-14 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on Me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see Me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. 12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13 Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Holy Spirit in Baptism, destories evil that brings sin

1 Peter 3:20-21 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.The like figure whereunto [even] baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

1 John 5: 6-7 This is He that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is Truth. 7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

1 John 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Believe in the Holy Spirit and His mission (John 16:7-14; Acts 2).

John 16:7-14 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on Me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see Me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. 12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13 Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Holy Spirit in Baptism, destories evil that brings sin

1 Peter 3:20-21 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.The like figure whereunto [even] baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

1 John 5: 6-7 This is He that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is Truth. 7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

1 John 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
    All those say that we RECEIVE the Holy Ghost in baptism. Not that the Holy Ghost baptizes.

The Church baptizes and we received the Holy Ghost.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria
    All those say that we RECEIVE the Holy Ghost in baptism. Not that the Holy Ghost baptizes.

The Church baptizes and we received the Holy Ghost.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    End of Discussion For me, because my choice is the Holy Spirit in baptism as "One" with the Father and Christ will save me. Forever Amen..

DeMaria ... Your choice in the Catholic Church to baptize ... saving you

My door is closed..
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Sdnbay,
    Yes, from biblical times it is men of The Church who baptize so that we can receive the Holly Spirit. The Holy Spirit comes during that work of sacred ceremony.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 05:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura
    sdnbay,
    Yes, from biblical times it is men of The Church who baptize so that we can receive the Holly Spirit. The Holy Spirit comes during that work of sacred ceremony.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    To realize the disciples were servants of the Lord's, as the church ceremony is today a service done by a servant, and that The Holy Spirit decends upon with His power of baptism, washing the wickedness so that we receive new life, and Christ' blood was His power to receive forgiveness for sins. All in agreement in heaven and earth as "ONE" The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

To suggest otherwise is turning to man as god. in mind a delusion in reaping what choice was made in free will.

Nothing is done upon this earth except by which the Holy Ghost will do.. 8 And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on Me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see Me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. 12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13 Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.

Thus blessings from Our Father, or reap what you have sown in free will. Choice. Grace and mercy from the Father

John 10:27-28 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow Me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of My hand.

John 10:29 My Father, which gave them Me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

John 10:30 I and [My] Father are "ONE".
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 05:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tsila1777

YES!

I have learned that feelings change, so there is no point in getting overly attached to them.

1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
    2I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
    True.. tsila777

The Holy Spirit is the comforter and He brings change to those who walk in Christ if need be. We as children of God can only plant the seed of hope by what is written. Our Lord alone will reveal.

Jeremiah 33:6 Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 09:47 AM
    sndbay,
    Then please tell us why God chise men to be His servants and instituted ceremonies and activities for them to do in service to Him and his people?
    I am a servant of God and his creations. Do you mean that I and others should not be?
    The work of God on earth is through and by him and also His followers and servants who do his work.
    Should all the clergy quit and not do as God instructs?
    Jesus tells us that He is the vine and we are the branches which are to bear fruit. Are we to ignore that?
    Why did he tell men to do the baptizing?
    Are we to ignore that?
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura
    sndbay,
    Then please tell us why God chise men to be His servants and instituted ceremonies and activities for them to do in service to Him and his people?
    I am a servant of God and his creations. Do you mean that I and others should not be?
    The work of God on earth is through and by him and also His followers and servants who do his work.
    Should all the clergy quit and not do as God instructs?
    Jesus tells us that He is the vine and we are the branches which are to bear fruit. Are we to ignore that?
    Why did he tell men to do the baptizing?
    Are we to ignore that?
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    When you as a servant call upon Christ.. ]{{{in the name of Jesus Christ}}} that is calling upon Christ to have The Holy Ghost baptize..
    Ask anything in My name and it will be done..(You are calling upon Him) Christ is the power.
    When you walk in Christ, you walk in His light which is the lamp of His Law. A child of God understands that He is above all, so we walk in Him and with Him. Present in the Holy Ghost. Christ is the vine.. the vine to The Father who gave Him charge over all.

Do you think He is weak and needs man? No way! Seek the Lord God with all your heart and mind. The Spirit of God will come upon anyone who calls in His name. The Spirit of God is the Holy Ghost. "ONE" ..being The Father , Son, Holy Ghost.. Have you not heard this?

1 Corinthains 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Man has no power.. Man is not a god.. Rebuke the idea of foolish deception from the prince of this earth, satan.

1 Corinthians 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Power of Christ
    1 Corinthians 1:27-29 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, [yea], and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:That no flesh should glory in his presence

Everyone should be baptized in a pool of water, or a lake of water, as Our Father in scripture has commanded. The disciples did not call upon Christ to baptize using water that they carried in animal skin. The intention of full coverage is like the flood of Noah, to destroy wickness for new life. Christ blood then is for forgiveness of sin which the wickness had done.

The three as "One"

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and {{{ they follow me:}}}

John 10:30 I and My Father are "ONE."

1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

If You Follow Man, you are spiritually discerned

1Corinthains 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Door Closed...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Women might not be faithful [ 15 Answers ]

I have a huge problem with my girl first of all we are in a relationship and we not staying together and when we do argue over the phone I would not here from her for a day or sometimes about two days. The first time this happen I ask her why did'nt she call me and where do she be when I'm calling...

Is He Being Faithful? [ 1 Answers ]

?? I want to know if my man has been cheating on me.?

View more questions Search