Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    -E- Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Vision Distortions (cannabis related?)
    Hey people, there's something that's been bugging me for a while but I've never asked anyone about it or even mentioned it to anyone. I should probably start by saying I use cannabis on a regular basis and use cocaine and mdma occasionally. Basically, I first noticed this problem while stoned and its more pronounced and noticeable while I'm stoned too, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Basically, I have a small area in the bottom right field of vision on my right eye that seems to distort what I'm looking at. This is a weird explanation but the only way I can explain it. Imagine there is a can of coke that you can only just about make out in the far right corner of your field of vision. If I look directly at the can then there's no distortion, but if I look in a direction that puts the can in the far right of my field of vision (only right eye) then it will look as if the can is spinning around in a circular motion, weird I know. It seems as if any objext that is on the far right of my field of vision looks as if its pulsing and moving in a circular motion not in slow motion but in a kind of choppy motion (imagine a DVD skipping). It gets worse when I'm stoned and I mostly notice it when I'm stoned. Its only a very small area of my field of vision. Any explanation would be greatly appreciated, thanks for reading.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 01:09 PM
    I believe it to be related to the mdma and cocaine use. The MJ should not alter your eyesight or your vision.
    Brinna Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Aug 23, 2008, 04:38 PM
    It sounds a bit like an acephalgic (without headache) migraine. The symptoms of this kind of migraine are often flashing lights or visual distortions. That said, it is something that you should have checked out by a doctor. Putting aside, for the moment, that you smoke cannabis (which by the way, is fine as far as I am concerned, since cannabinoids are neuroprotective agents as described in patent # 6,630,507 issued to the Federal Government itself), however, this kind of visual distortion can be a symptom of problems in the visual cortex. Cannabis is unlikely to be the cause, but it certainly can increase your sensitivity to the sensation. Mini-strokes can also cause this kind of phenomena, so you shouldn't just shine it on. I don't want to scare you, and chances are, its nothing to be worried about, but I do recommend that you talk to a physician about it. Good luck to you!
    -E- Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Thanks for the answers, the thing is I've constantly got this distortion and I had it before ever doing mdma or coke. I think you're right that the cannabis is probably just making it more noticeable, guess I gta go get it checked out by a doctor, thanks guys

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there anything that can get cannabis out of system. [ 20 Answers ]

I've stopped smoking cannabis,(skunk) for ten days because I'm changing jobs, and I'm having a drink and drugs urine test. I am aware that the drug is still in my system. Is there anything that can clean my system to stop them from showing up? Or are there any good detox methods to help me pass...

My vision [ 23 Answers ]

Okay so recently about like 2 months ago I went to visit the doctor and he said I need glasses I forget if he said I had the eye disease but I think he did which means I need glasses but the weird thing is I cannot see small lettering from far and one of my eye its like weird and people tease me...

Cannabis Plants [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Im not sure if my questions are appropriate for this site, so please forgive me if they are not. I am currently growing six cannabis plants for my own personal use, I think they are of the sativa variety. I have never grown cannabis before, and I don't really know what I'm doing, so my...

Eye Vision [ 1 Answers ]

I don't have a medical card or insurance... Can anyone tell me where I can get help with a Free Eye Exam and Free Eye Glasses.. Thanks so much :)

How do I get rid of cannabis? [ 3 Answers ]

How long will it take to get cannabis out of my body? I don't smoke it much, once every couple of weeks, but I have to have a drugs test for a job how can I get it out of my system more quick?

View more questions Search