Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    princessjuna Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 12:23 PM
    My son
    I put my son in the children and youth and he has been with a foster family for 15 months now and now the children and youth want to put my son up for adoption what can I do to stop this or what can my husband do

Thanks the laform family
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 22, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Why did you put your some in the program in the first place?

Aug 22, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Well my son was sick when he was born and the children and youth where involded ever since.but to answer your question . I am a first time mom my husband was in jail and my mom kicked me out of her house and I lived in a single room occupancy. And I couldn't have my son there and I had no help from any one . I was scared didn't no what to do
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 22, 2008, 12:40 PM
    You need to consult an attorney. I have no idea what you signed or under what conditions you turned over your child. It may be that you relinqusihed your rights.

Aug 23, 2008, 06:09 AM
    I do have an attorney. And the reason I put him there on my own he wasn't taken or anything like that.. the place I was livivng at told me I couldn't have him there and I didn't no I had 30 days or anything like that ,
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Have you spoken to your lawyer? He will be able to answer all of your questions, maybe not in five minutes, but he will get back to you.
    Have you talked to the case worker about your child? Were you on visitation with your child?
    What exactly did you file under the circumstances?
    Meredith1978 Posts: 120, Reputation: 9

May 1, 2009, 09:41 AM

This is probably going to sound harsh but its not intended to. Once you put your child into foster care there are a few things you have to consider:

1: most parents will not consider it no matter

2: Before you get them back you will have to prove that you can provide, that your situation has changed.

3: it is likely they have given you a list of things that have to be done before reunification is possible

So are you in a position after 15 months to take custody of your child? Is your residence child friendly? Has your significant other resolved whatever put him in jail?

If you have not made an attempt to fix your life so that you can take care of your child unconditionally (and I'm not saying you haven't) then maybe you need to ask yourself if giving the child up is best for the child. Every child deserves someone who would lay their life on the line for them. If you are unmotivated to do that then... maybe you need to consider that right now your child has the best chance of being adopted whereas if you make them stay in foster care for another 10 years with no hope of reunification you take away almost every chance they have for a normal future.

If you have changed your circumstances then you need to start the reunification process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search