Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thrillanmanilla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 10:14 AM
    EX wants to be friends
    Ok I broke up with my ex the week before she left for college after 10 months even helped her move in, just fought too much and seemed like she was reluctant to change treating me like crap and being inconsiderate. Well I figure she's gonnna forget all about me once she starts meeting new people,she tells me to move on because its not fair for me to wait for her and she is going to be meeting cute guys and start getting to know them and what happens if she meets that one,but she's not ready to date. So I figure I won't wait and begin to start moving on then after 2 days of her being in college she tells me she still loves me and thinks about me all day she wants to be friends and talk and spend more time together (she's only 40mins away) but no kissing allowed so we don't confuse feelings? But then I ask her about it she says if it happens it happens and to just go with it also we can still meet and see other people, so far the guys she's met there all just want to get laid ( it's a private methodist school) so I tell her she just hasn't met the right one yet which she responds I'm not looking I thought it would be easy to get over you but its really hard. What should I do?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2008, 10:21 AM
    I'm not sure why you wanted to remain friends with your ex... some people can pull it off.. but they're a much better guy than I am, as I cannot pull that off.

I suggest that you listen to what she says, to "move on"... and see how that goes. By remaining friends, she'll be allowed to date other guys, while having you as an emotional fallback to come to every time she needs someone to talk to.

You have to move on. I'm not saying you cut off all contact and tell her to go screw herself, as you two seem to have broken off amicably, but limit the amount of time you talk to her, and get busy in your own activities. If you remain her friend, I feel that you'll continue to have her on your mind, not allowing anything else to come in.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 22, 2008, 01:20 PM
    If it doesn't bother you to be her friend, then there is no problem, but she needs to stick by what she has told you. She maybe a bit lonely, or homesick, and that can be a reason to keep contact, with you. Its up to the way you feel, and you sound as if your going to move on regardless of what she calls for. Am I right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A friends betrayal! [ 6 Answers ]

Ok I have a problem. I met this girl at the library and we became friends. Well she Started calling me nonstop and showing up at my house. Well I gave her a second chance. I nonstop this guy I liked and she found out and at first she was encouraging me To pursue him. I later found out she found...

Best friends dog [ 1 Answers ]

A few my months ago my best friend dog and my dog got put to sleep the same day, we are both talking about getting another dog, and I agreed with my my family not to get one till spring, but now my friend is getting one probabley, and it's all she talks about, I wish I could be happy for her but...

Holidays friends? [ 3 Answers ]

I got back off holiday at the wkend and while away me a my mate made some friends with some girls from down south.. I got there numbers 1 night and e-mail addresses,but since we got back haven't heard anything off them.they was such a good laugh and I really want to keep in touch with them. Shall...

MY friends think I'm diplomatic [ 2 Answers ]

Hiya! This is neha... and I'm 11 yrs old... Well... actually a few of my friends think that I'm diplomatic and I honestly don't know in what way... I tried asking one of them because she is always true to me and has been my best frineds since I was 9 yrs old... On asking her... she said that...

View more questions Search