Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rajavelan Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 09:15 AM
    Dual passport
    Sir,

I am dual citizen .I am having Both Indian Passport and British Passport.
    I have been overstayed ( F1VISA) in my Indian passport in USA. BUT, I HAVE OVERSTAYED ONLY BECAUSE OF EMERGENCY REASONS WHICH I TOLD MY SCHOOL .And my school requested SEVIS HELPDESK to remove my flag in SEVIS RECORD.

I knew, I have 50-50 chance to get any kind of US VISA even though Flag is removef from my SEVIS Record.Am I right?

If I use my Brithish passport to get US VISA (B2) will it creates any problem for me to get VISA?because of anything...

Thank you.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 22, 2008, 01:10 PM
    British passport holders can enter US on Visa Waiver Program from 90 days. The only concern should be fingerprinting... should they figure out that you are the same person. Let us know if you succeed.
    rajavelan Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rajavelan
    Sir,

I am dual citizen .I am having Both Indian Passport and British Passport.
    I have been overstayed ( F1VISA) in my Indian passport in USA. bUT, i HAVE OVERSTAYED ONLY BECAUSE OF EMERGENCY REASONS WHICH I TOLD MY SCHOOL .And my school requested SEVIS HELPDESK to remove my flag in SEVIS RECORD.

I knew, I have 50-50 chance to get any kind of US VISA eventhough Flag is removef from my SEVIS Record.Am i right?

If i use my Brithish passport to get US VISA (B2) will it creates any problem for me to get VISA?because of anything...

Thank you.
    You are saying, Fingerprinting will definitely cause trouble...
    So, there is no solution for my problem... Isthere any?
    meagank Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Aug 22, 2008, 07:53 PM
    Check with ins or ins web site I think you would be able to find more answers there
    betsey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 09:59 AM

Hi,
    How a person can have both passport (Indian as well as British) at the same time. I do not think a person is allowed to have two passports at the same time. Any input from any other members are welcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Italian Dual Citizen=Dual Taxings? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a US citizen considering applying to be a dual citizen of Italy. I would like to know if non-residents of Italy who never made income there still have to pay taxes to Italy. Thank you very much. -L

Dual Passport/Citizenship [ 3 Answers ]

I recently married a man from France who and I am interested in applying for a french passport. What is the procedure in order to obtain dual passports? Do I need to apply for dual citizenship? What should I know?

Dual Status Return & Dual Status Statement [ 3 Answers ]

Hi ATE: Just curious, which amount will be refunded to us if we file 1040 as Dual Status Statement & 1040NR as Dual Status Return? Or the total of both? Best, Jesslyn

Urgent Need For Help for Passport for people with Dual US/Swiss Citizenship! [ 2 Answers ]

I am traveling to Mexico in about a month (February 15th, 2006) and I have dual citizenship (Swiss and US). I've never traveled outside of the country except for my Swiss birth 20 years ago. How do I go about getting a passport and would I use a Swiss passport or US passport? I am totally lost on...

View more questions Search