Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ange229 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Home working scams
    How can I check if solihull press is not a scam they want people to post envelopes but want £35 up front
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Aug 22, 2008, 01:52 PM
    Most any job offer that requires you to send money in advance is a scam. If they won't take your ability to be bonded, meaning you have a clean criminal background check, as sufficient that's probably a scam.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 02:30 AM
    Solihull Press comes up over and over as being a scam or investigated as being a scam. Please see the results that can be found via clicking on the following link.

Solihull Press Scam - Google Search

It's true that generally any online place that wants you to send money to them up front will most likely be a scam.

I don't really think that being bonded or being bond-able has anything to do with whether you will be hired from one of the online places to do word for them or not. Most of them just simply want your money, period. That's why they advertise for home-based business opportunities on the Internet in the first place. It's an opportunity to take advantage of those who don't know better in order to get their money.

More important questions that I have for you, ange229, are what kind of things have you already done to make an income for yourself? What kind of experience do you already have in working for others and what did you do? What would you like to do for a living? What are your goals and aspirations in life as far as what you would like to be doing to realize your own worth and also make a living doing it or those things based upon the present skills that you have or the skills that you could acquire and learn to develop?

Most of the things that I do for a living I would consider to be home-based. But, I have worked long and hard to develop them. I can save some people time here, finding and promoting what they would like to do, depending on what they would like to do.

I do hope that you will return to answer my questions.

Thank you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 23, 2008, 06:10 AM
    Almost all of the "mailing" work at home are scams, commercial mailing companies have large machines, that print, fold and stuff envelopes and even put postage on them. They can do it for pennies compared to what people are offereed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got a job working for company in Maryland but I will be working in SC at home. [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I just got a job working for a company in Maryland, yet I will be working remotely at my home in South Carolina. I will be flying up to Maryland maybe once every month or so for a couple of days to show my face. Will I be filing both SC and MD state taxes. I've never done this before so...

Working at home [ 3 Answers ]

Why do work at home jobs at for a fee before you can work for them?

Working from home [ 4 Answers ]

How do I find a legitimate data entry from home position?

Working from home [ 1 Answers ]

I Bought My Computer In Hopes Of Working From Home. Wow! So Many Scams Are There Any Real Jobs? And Also Looking For Grants, Are They Real? Thanks Henna

Working from home. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows how you go about looking for typing jobs that can be done from home I would love to make some money from my p.c. Ive no idea where to start looking my typing is approx 50wpm, I can do spreadsheets, database etc.. But no certs to say I can do them seems if its not...

View more questions Search