Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 13, 2006, 05:15 PM
    I am not a friend or associate of the Pres. But I will tell you that my family is one of the lucky families. I have been able to quit my job and go back to school with 2 children still left at home and we have not suffered at all.

I am a Republican and will always be one, but in my opinion Bush is a good pres considering the problems that he has had to deal with while in office. While I may not agree with some of his decisions, he has had s*&t to deal with since taking oath. At least he did not hide from his probs by getting a BJ in the oval office and then bowing down to his boss in a skirt for forgiveness.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2006, 10:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    I am not a friend or associate of the Pres.
    Really, that's too bad. I hear he is a nice guy.

At least he did not hide from his probs by getting a BJ in the oval office.
    How else was Clinton suppose to relax?

I am a Republican and will always be one
    I just love the smell of partisanship.

The south use to be a big supporter of the Democrats 40 years ago. Now they are big supporters of the Republicans. You will ALWAYS support the Republicans, isn't that a bit hard to foresee? I don't always support the Liberals. I don't always support the Conservatives.

Both the Democrats and Republicans have done their fair of royal screw ups over the years.

I heard on an American network, CNN maybe? that the Democrats might win back the House this fall and if they do, they will then start impeachment hearings on President Bush similar to those that the Republicans held on Clinton. The TV's words, not mine.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 14, 2006, 03:18 AM
    I am not a friend or associate of the Pres. But I will tell you that my family is one of the lucky families. I have been able to quit my job and go back to school with 2 children still left at home and we have not suffered at all.
    That's great, but I'm curious as to how Bush is responsible for that?

I am a Republican and will always be one, .
    I love people with open minds!

but in my opinion Bush is a good pres considering the problems that he has had to deal with while in office. While I may not agree with some of his decisions, he has had s*&t to deal with since taking oath.
    Other than 9/11 what problems has he had to deal with that weren't of his own making? Katrina was a natural disaster, but the problems were with the way his administration dealt with it. Iraq is a disaster solely created by him. He was handed a surplus and turned it into a deficit that has the economy reeling. Try reading some of the articles that have been posted here. Forget you are a Republican and open your mind to the facts.

At least he did not hide from his probs by getting a BJ in the oval office and then bowing down to his boss in a skirt for forgiveness.
    Give it a rest already. What's worse someone doing his job well, but getting caught having extra curricular sex or someone doing his job badly? If you look at the facts, Clinton was a better than average President. The fact is the economy was in better shape when Clinton left office then when he entered it. The fact is Clinton had some major successes. The only knock you can give Clinton is for something that had nothing to do with doing his job.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Bush's approval rating is now in the 30s and dropping. That means a lot of your fellow Republicans are waking up to what a mess Bush has made.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2006, 03:52 AM
    HI,
    Many new candidates for November elections in the US have already started campaigning on Exxon's CEO, hugh amounts of money, and higher, higher gas prices, not to mention the bungled Medicare Prescription Insurance plans. Not only will Bush be out of office, but many, many Republicans will go as well.
    Illegal immigrants add to the low, low approval ratings, and some states now are drafting their own laws!
    Whether Pres. Bush is a "good guy" in person, doesn't really help anything. Republicans are distancing themselves, as a last ditch effort to stay elected!
    Jonegy Posts: 166, Reputation: 37

May 24, 2006, 04:32 PM
    A straightforward answer to thr original question...

I hope so - I really really hope so!!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 24, 2006, 04:44 PM
    Comment on Debra's post
    I agree, Worst president ever. No doubt.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 24, 2006, 05:00 PM
    Whoa!! I do not know how Bush is responsible for getting me through school and quitting my job.

However, if you look at the facts Clinton was only the second president in American History to go through the impeachment process.

I better leave it here.

And, by the way, I never said that I agree with everything Bush has done. Only some of it.

Again, I better leave it here.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 24, 2006, 06:00 PM
    Yes Bush was way off ( as well as most of the Senate no matter what party) The US, major part anyway, wants troops on the border ( armed) and a real fence across the border to stop more people coming in.

I think that most could accept those illegals allowed a legal status of some level if the flow of illegals was stopped. But the Senate (both parties) and the President just does not get it.

But in many ways, the democratic party is just not getting it either, they are merely wanting all the illegals to stay and not stop more from coming in. That is the problem we did in the 80's and we see where that got us. The trouble is that too many of them in both parties, answer to the big money groups, or to fringe minory groups that don't speak for the majority of the citiznes
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 24, 2006, 07:03 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    The government of the people is out of touch!

May 24, 2006, 07:30 PM
    Whoa!!! I do not know how Bush is responsible for getting me through school and quitting my job.

However, if you look at the facts Clinton was only the second president in American History to go through the impeachment process.

And, by the way, I never said that I agree with everything Bush has done. Only some of it.
    Ok, so you can't explain how Bush is responsible. Therefore we can't be sure he is responsible at all. Your situation could be the result of actions by local Democrats for all we know.

Yes Clinton was only the second president impeached. He was impeached because he lied to an investigator about having extra marital sex. Now tell me what that has to do with Bush being one of, if not the worst president in Amercian History. Even if I concede, which I don't, that Clinton was as bad as Bush, that doesn't make the job Bush is doing any better.

Several of us have indicated the facts of why Bush is so bad. But, in my opinion, the most telling fact is Bush was presented with a budget surplus and ran it down to one of the largest deficits in history. That alone makes him deserve the ranking. When you throw in the Iraq debacle, the mishandling of Katrina, the cronyism, etc. the case is overwhelming.
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

May 24, 2006, 11:03 PM
    Tell me scott what would you have done. If this was thrown in your lap and everybody says here fix it.

May 25, 2006, 06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeeding_2005
    Tell me scott what would you have done. If this was thrown in your lap and everybody says here fix it.
    You need to be more specific. Done about what?

I can tell you I would not have attacked Iraq. I spoke out against it before it happened. I believe that Saddam had his nose bloodied in Desert Storm and would not have repeated any aggression outside his borders. That all the posturing was saber rattling and seems to have been proven. I would have made sure that our armed forces were in readiness to act, in the case it was more than saber rattling.

I can tell you that I would have made sure that FEMA was more ready to support New Orleans after Katrina. There were more than ample warnings of the potential damage.

I can tell you that I would have been more concerned about my constituents then I feel Bush has been. I would not have authorized the wire taps that seem to have been authorized. I would not be trampling on the Constitution.

I could go on and on, but I'm not campaigning for 2008. If you want to ask a specific question, I'll be glad to answer, if I'm still around.

Scott<>
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2006, 06:35 AM
    Hi, Debra,
    Politics is always an interesting subject. Seems like I remember my Grandfather, many, many years ago, saying something like, that if you want to argue, then start talking about either Religion or Politics.
    I do agree that most elected officials now, especially the Pres and the Congress, are really out of touch with the average citizen of the United States.
    Bush's latest Polls show him at the bottom, where Nixon was, before he resigned... may be a little higher now, with the Illegal Immigrant issue being brought out into the open... about time!
    I think you will find many of those in Congress losing their jobs, come this November election day! I hope so, at least. We need some new direction, away from large lobbyists telling others how they want America to be run. It can be changed, but only if enough Voters turn out to start making changes.
    This is true on both sides of the Congress, both Demo and Repub.
    Best wishes.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2006, 06:36 AM
    All I can tell you is that my small business is in trouble and getting worse with every passing year of Dubya. I used to make a very nice living but now, The half down to start money on a new job is being used to finish the last job. Mostly for fuel and the high price of materials due to the price of fuel. Haliburton, Brown and Root and Bechtel are not experiancing the same problems I am. They are growing super rich from the war in Iraq and all of the really cheap fuel they, and only they have access to through their buddies in the government. The rich (Dubya) take care of their own and that is what is happening now. The fact is we are being screwed to death and there really is nothing we can do to stop it.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2006, 07:47 PM
    The President and the government as a whole are not out of touch with the people. They have just gone their own way and are doing as they damn well please to further their agenda. Out of touch is so much different than "disregard."
    michaelx Posts: 0, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 20, 2006, 03:51 AM
    Comment on Debra's post
    Eeek! My apologies Whizz - I have amended the post to reflect that too.
    -

Jul 20, 2006, 03:55 AM
    Comment on CaptainForest's post
    -

Jul 20, 2006, 04:02 AM
    Comment on kp2171's post
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2006, 04:03 AM
    Comment on michaelx's post
    All caps ranting laced with swearing - not the stuff of an educated person. BTW we are allowed to disagree with the prez.
    -

Jul 20, 2006, 04:05 AM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    All caps ranting laced with swearing - not the stuff of an educated person. BTW we are allowed to disagree with the prez.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Checking the history if the history has been deleted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all the sites my family has been visiting on the web. How do I check that if the history has been erased/deleted? Thanks in advance.

If you were president [ 9 Answers ]

If you were president what would you do to fix the Untied States problems.

My worst fear... [ 5 Answers ]

I haven't written in a while, simply because I have felt horrible... I thought I was pregnant months ago, but ended up it was just a scare once again... well my worst fear has happened and I have just found out that I have PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome) so that means I am going to have a hard...

From congress to US President [ 3 Answers ]

Who was the last person to go from US congress to US President? Thanks in advance Fred :confused:

My worst nightmare come true [ 8 Answers ]

Last week my b/f of 7 years said that he wanted to call it quits. It came out of the blue. He then decided that he was not going to leave. That we were to live there together as roommates until he could move into another place. He also informed me that he was planning to bring dates have sex with...

View more questions Search