Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Aug 22, 2008, 01:24 AM
    Predicting rain
    What conditions need to exist for rain to fall?

Odd question, yes, but at present I have a rainfall indicator which relies on a raindrop hitting a sensor and creating a short circuit and thus closing vents in the glasshouse.

What I would like is a rain predictor so the vents close before rain starts.

I presume that temperature, pressure, and UV would all change in some way, but...
    1. are the changes measureable
    2. are these the only measurements that will indicate rain is about to fall
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 22, 2008, 01:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by colbtech
    What I would like is a rain predictor ...
    Wouldn't we all!! You could become millionair that way!!

:D
    FullOfSecrets Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 02:54 AM
    Look up in the sky. If it starts getting dark. Than it'll soon rain. Haha. [ moring/afternoon time]
    [evening] if the wind suddenlystarts coming hardly. And you feel some wetness in the wind.
    wolfeye90 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 12:04 PM
    Before it will rain, there are several cloud types that can give hints, air pressure will start to decrease, temperature will also possibly decrease slightly with rainfall, depending on where you live.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2008, 10:43 AM

I think a barometer type arrangement is going to be the best thing you can hope for. But there are so many variables, many you cannot measure from a greenhouse alone that you are never going to get perfect system.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 19, 2008, 10:54 AM

My joints start hurting about 12 hrs before rain falls. I'm a real reliable forecaster. Ask for a prediction from anyone you know who has arthritis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Predicting Ovalution [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been trying to test when ovulation occurs. I used Ovalution predecting kit for past ` months, but it showed me a positive result on 20th day of the cycle. I was surprised as I had read that ovulation occurs between 10-15th day of the cycle. Now, I started charting basal temperature. I...

Predicting products [ 3 Answers ]

What would be the products: 1. Cu + AgNO3 2 Zn + HCl 3 Cu+ HNO3 4 Zn + Fe(NO)2 5 Li + HI

Predicting products [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Could anyone answer a predicting products I'm stuck on. Predict the product and name the mechanism of the following; Toluene I) MnO4-, heat ----------------> C + D ii) H+

Predicting Reactions [ 2 Answers ]

I know how to figure out whether it's decomposition, synthesis, etc.. but I'm not sure what to do after that. Can you show me (step by step) how to do this problem? Or really any problem.. Calcium phosphate + aluminum sulfate

View more questions Search