Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WMorg555 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Gfci outlet warm to touch?
    Is a GFCI outlet supposed to feel a slightly warm to the touch when the green indicator light is on? (As opposed to a regular outlet).
    benaround Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Aug 21, 2008, 09:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WMorg555
    Is a GFCI outlet supposed to feel a slightly warm to the touch when the green indicator light is on? (As opposed to a regular outlet).
    No.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refrigerator warm to touch [ 2 Answers ]

We have Maytag refrigerator with freezer on top. If you touch the refrigerator on the outside on both sides of freezer it is very, very warm to touch. Is this normal? Could it be overheating?

15 or 20 amp gfci outlet [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing a GFCI outlet. I think my house is 20 amp but I am not sure. Will it be a problem if I install a 15 amp outlet? I am using the outlet for a clothes dryer which plugs into an ordinary wall outlet.

Outdoor electrical outlet keeps tripping gfci outlet [ 3 Answers ]

Until just recently my christmas decorations would light up when we plugged them into the outdoor electrical outlet. Now when we plug it in the gfci outlet in the garage keeps getting tripped and the lights won't come on. Even when we reset the gfci, once we plug in the chord it gets tripped...

Gfci outlet [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have installed a small pond. I called an electrician to put a GFCI outlet near the pond. He told me I could save a significant amount of money if I dig the trench for the line. Well... I had called Miss Utility before digging the hole for the pond and there is a Cox Cable line that...

Warm GFCI Breaker [ 1 Answers ]

In our electrical panel we have 2 AFCI breakers next to each other. One is for the master bedroom the other is for 2 guest bedrooms. Each of these breakers is warm to the touch. We have had no electrical problems in either room and it has never tripped. I just thought it was strange that these...

View more questions Search