Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danni2123 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Aug 21, 2008, 05:33 PM
    My doc put me on anti-depressants
    I was wondering if this sounds normal to anyone. He put me on a 10 low dose of anti-depressants to get ride of my headaches. I've been on them for almost 2 weeks now and yes they have helped. Though my boyfriend thinks that I've gone crazy now. Am I going to have to stay on these forever so my headaches won't come back? I have been not myself lately. Just more depressed about our relationship. Its like I'm not in love with him anymore and everything he does annoys me. It wosent like this before. Is the medication causing this or is it me?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2008, 05:52 PM
    It's the medication.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 21, 2008, 05:57 PM
    Talk to your doctor about the effects, I will be honest, if ou were depressed, if and when you start on medication, you start looking and seeing things differently, If for example you are in a bad relationship, you may realise it once you are on the medication, it can help you see things more clearly if it is correct dosage for correct reasons. But I would discuss my fellings with the doctor
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 22, 2008, 02:15 PM
    I'm curious what the med is. Some medications have these symptoms, yet others do not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth Control and Anti-depressants [ 1 Answers ]

I was just wondering, I am taking alesse birth control, and also celexa, an anti-depressant. Will the celexa counteract the birth control and make it less effective?

Stop taking anti-depressants [ 6 Answers ]

I have been on the low dose emsam patch for two months. Before that I was on a variety of anti-depressants. I want to get off these meds but my Dr. keeps putting me on something else. I plan to stop the emsam patch and I am not going to ask him about it. I forget and take it off at night 1/2 the...

Anyone know anything about anti-depressants? [ 10 Answers ]

My doctor recommended them to me but I'm really scared of using them. Does anyone know any possible side effects they may have (ex. Prozac)

Medications/Anti-depressants and relationships [ 4 Answers ]

I posted this in relationships with no comments received, so it may be a better fit here: Anyone here in a relationship while being prescribed or using anti-depressants? How have they helped? Hurt? Been effective/inneffective? I ask because I am curious to see how people on this forum...

Anti-depressants and relationships - surviving OK? [ 13 Answers ]

Anyone been married happily or living happily with someone while on anti-depressants? I ask because I wonder how effective they are, and am curious to see how people on this forum have dealt with medication and relationships... While I do not require them, I see more and more people who are...

View more questions Search