Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marshdog1979 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 03:59 PM
    Drove 99 Civic a mile without spark plug wire.
    So about a week ago I'm driving home and my car overheats. I pull over and realize that there was a busted hose. Concerned that I may have blown a head gasket I let the car cool down and check the oil for water and started the car. The car ran fine and there was no water in the oil and the car wasn't blowing any smoke and the check engine light was off. I also reved the engine a few times and it seemed to have adequate power. So then I proceeded to fix the hose at like 3am in the morning with almost no light and apparently I knocked a spark plug wire off the distributor in the mean time. I start the car unaware of what I had done and the check engine light starts flashing I drive it about a mile and the car breaks down and won't start. I go back to have the car towed the next day and I notice that one of the spark plug wires is off the distributor cap. I put the spark plug wire back but the car still will not start. I've already replaced the distributor cap, rotor, and coil and the wires still have no spark. Should I replace the whole distributor? Or can it be another problem completely?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Try replacing the Ignition Control Module:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the spark plug cables position for 1993 a Honda Civic? [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone, Please answer this question: What is the spark plug cables position for 1993 a Honda Civic? Ollig

Black soot on the spark plug,is it the plug. [ 1 Answers ]

My lawn mower plug has black soot on it, what could be the cause of the plug fouling out? It is a 6.0 B&S motor, also is there a certain gap for the plug and if so what is it? This problem just recently came up after 3 years of use and I don't understand what happen.:confused:

Honda Civic starting-spark plug short out? [ 2 Answers ]

1995 Honda Civic was starting and running fine. I changed spark plugs, but inadvertently left one plug wire unhooked on top of engine. I started the car. It ran for a few seconds then shut down. Now it won't start again. It cranks, but won't start. I've checked fuses, but all are okay. Did I...

Don't get spark from my spark plug wire [ 1 Answers ]

I get spark from my spark plug wire sometimes when I don't the jeep don't start Why I don't get spark sometimes?

View more questions Search