Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luisbutik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 03:19 PM
    What are all the papers to file when married to american citizen?
    Hi I just got married in the US to an american citizen and now I want to know what are all the papers that I need to file to migration, my current status in the us is tourist since Im a resident of a south american country. Thank you
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 21, 2008, 04:20 PM
    If you entered US with visitor's visa and got married to US citizen within 60 days from the date of entry, OR If your visa has already expired before you got married, do not attempt to file adjustment of status on your own.

How Do I Bring My Spouse (Husband or Wife) to Live in the United States?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 21, 2008, 04:54 PM
    You need to hire an immigration attorney, there is no automatic citizenship, you have to apply and at times you may even be sent back to your county till it is approved, since you did not enter the country on the proper visa to marry.
    jen1984 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2011, 08:42 AM
    I got married to a non us citizen and he came here on a vistor visa and it has expried and I am wondering how we go about to be able for him to become a citizenship and for him to be able to work ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American married to German and living in Germany---FILE JOINTLY? [ 1 Answers ]

I am American, my husband German. For 2007 we lived in Germany and still live here. I had income from January-February from the U.S. and from March-December from Germany. My husband previously worked in the U.S. but not in 2007. For 2006 we filed jointly. We have joint bank (savings/checkings) in...

American citizen want's to get married [ 2 Answers ]

I'm an American citizen and my soon to be wife are trying to get married, she was born in Mexico and is not a citizen of the U.S. How do I go about getting married and her becoming a legal U.S. citizen?

View more questions Search