Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Feb 16, 2009, 03:39 PM

Guys, you also have to bare in mind that there is a fake BC as well that smells yucky...
    mimi888 Posts: 71, Reputation: 3

Feb 18, 2009, 01:28 AM
    I've switched from Lotion to Oil+Cream combination. I prefer the latter. It is making my skin smooth and soft and lightening it.

Question for those have used the products for sometime.. do you suggest to stop using it once I've achieved the color I want or is it necessary to keep using it to maintian the color?

(sigh, I've got meds that make me photosensitive that I think make me darker in the sun.. im afraid to take them again... )
    ma889 Posts: 19, Reputation: -1

Feb 21, 2009, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by labella View Post
    It does lighten knees and elbows but it takes a while. I sometimes would just put it on my knees and elbows randomly throughout the day. maybe 3 times a day. But it took a good 6 to 8 weeks before I saw the slightest change.

Oddly, it took my hands a long time to lighten. They are still darker. Maybe because I wash them through out the day and I am washing the lotion off? Anybody else experience this?
    Hi bio claire won't ligten your hands babe I had the same problem now I appply the cream with surgical gloves and cream my hands with moisture then apply a concentrated solution to my knuckles and elbows

Quote Originally Posted by TuuTuu View Post
    when i firsted bought bio claire products, I got the creme, oil and soap. I mix both the oil and creme and put it on once a day....I gave me the the red bumpy pimples on mah chest and made my skinn realli dry. ( I used the fair and white soap to help with the dry skin and it was Awsome!!..lolz)

Now I got the Lotion since they finish and to me the lotion works really good and works faster.

I think the creme is a waste of money and time, the lotion is not so thick and it moisterize the skin better.

I have lighten like maybe a shade or 2 and it has even out my complection. ( and i have onli been using it once a day for like 2 and half weeks now).

O yeeah, I plan on using The nutrogena Sunscreen SPF 55 or Aveeno Sunscreen SPF 55 (both of these sunscreen are waterproof) cause its not greasy, it is very light weight and good...so i suggest u guys do the same, even if its in the winter make sure you put the sunscreen on before you go out .

I Put it on and put my make up over it. Good combo.

Another word of advice: Dont ever USE Skin Lightners continusly for over 3 months....alwys lay off it and give your skin some time to heal and able to breath.

Make sure you stop lay off it for like 2 days of the week and use a good moisterizer like Cerave lotion because that dont block ur pores and it repairs the skin. :)

Last nite i put some of the lotion on my face, because the rest of my body has lightened up. n my neck ....looks ligher dan my face lolz...

But I am so scare....it works on my body. But do you think its gonna give me side effects on my face?

Has anyone use da lotion on their face?
    Did u break out? Get the red pimples on your face? Or the veiny look on ur face? ( i got acne prone skin :(.
    Hi yh I've got acne prone skin as well and this is what I do LISTEN UP LOL I wash my face with baby wash clean it with a clean face towel then apply moisturers in the day at night I do the same expect I apply a hydroquinne no more than 2%ligtenier and it workks well bio-claire gave me spots on my forehead not nice at all so I use it on only my body now
    sugarshack Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 10:25 AM

Has anyone tried the new Bio claire lightening milk, I bought it today as I've only seen the cream, lotion and oil. I bought it from my local asian store and they said it had just came in.
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Feb 24, 2009, 11:20 AM
    Can you list the ingredients here for us, sugarshack? And does the label look the same?
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Feb 24, 2009, 11:32 AM

Wow, I can't even find it on the internet.. the lightening milk. I bet it is softer to use on the skin. I'm sure it has the same ingredients.

Feb 24, 2009, 01:26 PM

Yep the label is the same, in the box was a leaflet with all the bio claire produts on which told you what the products do and how often to use them, Bio claire has a new range called Bio claire Maxi tone. They have it in the body milk and cream. It doesn't contain HQ as it says on the box without hydroquinon.
    xHelpMex08 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 12:52 AM

How expensive is bio claire?
    all_honesty Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2009, 12:16 PM
    RECALL INFORMATION
    Feb 13---Bio Claire recalls Natural Bio-vegetal Activator BODY LOTION---Ireland

Manufacturer: See Below

Product: Home

Start Date: 2009-02-13 End Date: 2009-03-13

Product: Lightening body lotion without hydroquinone – Natural Bio-vegetal Activator

Brand: Bio Claire

Type/number of model: P:05/08 E:05/11 082657 “S3”

Description: White 8” (200ml) high container with white screw-top lid.

Country of origin: Ivory Coast

Chemical

The product poses a chemical risk because it contains 0.06% of hydroquinone.

The product does not comply with the Cosmetics Directive 76/768/EEC.

Voluntary withdrawal from the market and recall from consumers.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Mar 1, 2009, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by all_honesty View Post
    RECALL INFORMATION
    Feb 13---Bio Claire recalls Natural Bio-vegetal Activator BODY LOTION---Ireland

Manufacturer: See Below

Product: Home

Start Date: 2009-02-13 End Date: 2009-03-13

Product: Lightening body lotion without hydroquinone – Natural Bio-vegetal Activator

Brand: Bio Claire

Type/number of model: P:05/08 E:05/11 082657 “S3”

Description: White 8” (200ml) high container with white screw-top lid.

Country of origin: Ivory Coast

Chemical

The product poses a chemical risk because it contains 0.06% of hydroquinone.

The product does not comply with the Cosmetics Directive 76/768/EEC.

Voluntary withdrawal from the market and recall from consumers.
    Which website did you get this from?

Mar 1, 2009, 03:47 PM

Never mind. I found it EUROPA - Consumer Affairs - Unsafe products

So looks like it's just the lotion? Gosh, this is shocking news! I feel betrayed!
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2009, 08:16 PM

Not surprised @ all
    weezing Posts: 174, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkChic View Post
    Nevermind. I found it EUROPA - Consumer Affairs - Unsafe products

So looks like it's just the lotion? Gosh, this is shocking news! I feel betrayed!
    Im so glad I'm switching to funkymommy products. I orderd the gluta c capsules and kojic acid lotion and the shipping cost are so low! I also use likas papaya soapIlove that soap!

Mar 2, 2009, 01:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by weezing View Post
    Im so glad im switching to funkymommy products. I orderd the gluta c capsules and kojic acid lotion and the shipping cost are so low!. I also use likas papaya soapIlove that soap!
    What's that soap like, Weezing? I need a good cleanser. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :D
    Also, just now I'm using an arbutin cream for my pigmentation. It was quite cheap. Just under £5.00 :)
    weezing Posts: 174, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkChic View Post
    What's that soap like, Weezing? I need a good cleanser. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :D
    Also, just now I'm using an arbutin cream for my pigmentation. It was quite cheap. Just under £5.00 :)
    Its an excellent exfoliater/cleanser but it's a bit drying. My acne is gone and its fading those black spots I got from the bioclaire lotion. I can't believe you never heard of likas papaya soap lmao its been around for ages and its like $3 a bar lol

Tell me about this "arbutin cream"and where can I buy it online

Mar 2, 2009, 03:15 PM
    Cool, Weezing! I've heard of the soap but not actually read anything about it. I might give it a try.

I messaged you about where you can get the Arbutin cream. The lady that sells them does and day and night cream. It has lightenend me a bit, not too much. It is preservative free so you've got to keep it in the fridge. I've been using it on & off because the cream is too rich and I'm suffering from regular acne breakouts lately (Stress at work). :(
    skin perfect Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 12:19 PM

Will using bio claire lighten my back because it's the darkest part of my body and my arms have gone darker from the sun on holiday. Can I buy it in black hair shops in UK London? What's the strongest? I'v tried everything to lighten my arms but there's little results and only little patches of my normal skin tone from using the kojic papaya soap. Thanks

Mar 10, 2009, 11:50 AM

Yeah you can buy bio claire from black hair shops in london, like sabina hair and beauty in brixton. The strongest is the oil.
    skin perfect Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 05:02 PM

I bought the lotion and soap. But damn that lotion smells foul! Is it supposed to smell that bad? I have to hold my breath when applying it lool

Mar 11, 2009, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by skin perfect View Post
    I bought the lotion and soap. But damn dat lotion smells foul!! Is it supposed to smell that bad? I have to hold my breath when applying it lool
    It does smell a bit rancid, doesn't it?
    I learned to live with it. :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Older clare furnace with loud blower motor [ 8 Answers ]

I have a clare furnace model # HEM8 90-8 direct vent. The blower motor started making a lot of noise so I removed it and checked it out. There is a fan blade inside and it broke free from the piece that slips over the shaft. I tried to get it to stay which it did for a bit and it started...

Clare furnace M#NEMC60 installers manual [ 4 Answers ]

Hi.. need help with a Clare Furnace mod#NEMC60 S# 9411C004626 my service tech was at house as it has been infracted by the gas company in town. I need the installation manual as my tech is saying venting is correct but the gas company saying it is incorrect, and of course Clare is no longer for a...

View more questions Search