Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grammarian-Bot Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Aug 20, 2008, 10:31 PM
    Appearance needs fixed
    Last night I connected a 19 inch LG flatron with my PC. Since I disconnected it, and reconnected my old Monitor Mitsubishi, my windows appearance has changed. The fonts, scroll bar size buttons size etc are all changed. I played a lot with the display settings and nothing worked. ANother problem is that when I open MY Computer, none of the drives open in the same window. When I double click C it opens in a different window, D open in a different one. Isn't there an option to restore the defaults?

CB
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 21, 2008, 12:18 AM
    There are no real "defaults" in the Display Properties, as such. If you never went in there and saved your settings with a unique name to create a "restore point" specific to monitor settings, you're going to have to fiddle with it to get it looking the way you want.

When you DO get it good, be sure to SAVE those settings so you CAN restore them in future if they do get tweaked for any reason.

This page explains how to fix your "different window" problem:
    FIX: Open each folder in the same window

If the first example doesn't fix it, then the .reg file located on that site can be merged into your system to get things behaving properly.

Cheers.

Aug 24, 2008, 09:25 AM
    Thanks for the reply. There is also another problem. My computer doesn't show the hidden files even after I unhide them from FOLDER OPTIONS. ANY IDEA WHY?

Cb

Aug 24, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire
    There are no real "defaults" in the Display Properties, as such. If you never went in there and saved your settings with a unique name to create a "restore point" specific to monitor settings, you're going to have to fiddle with it to get it looking the way you want.

When you DO get it good, be sure to SAVE those settings so you CAN restore them in future if they do get tweaked for any reason.

This page explains how to fix your "different window" problem:
    FIX: Open each folder in the same window

If the first example doesn't fix it, then the .reg file located on that site can be merged into your system to get things behaving properly.

Cheers.
    No sir. Both the tricks failed.

CB
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Start, settings, control panel, system icon, hardware tab, device mgr

-go to display adapters and click on sign next to it and highlight the adapter and right click and choose uninstall and say OK

-now close all windows and restart computer

-on reboot, windows will install a vga driver and you should be back in order

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mediator Appearance [ 5 Answers ]

Can a mediator appear in court? Discuss how the parties did or did not agree?

Passport appearance [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I have a passport with validation of 20 years. The passport was made in 1998 and the expiry date is in the year 2018. Now the problem is that the photo and the signature is 10 years older, so will this create any problem for migration. I am going to UK in the month of July as...

Court Appearance [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find out if someone has a court appearance today? And if I can then what information do I need?

Why is she being so concerned about my appearance [ 3 Answers ]

My g/f has been trying to change my style for some time now. She complains that I never wear anything preppy or casual. She feels the only way that I would benefit from her actions is for her to lay out my clothes. She feels that the only way she could do this without me putting up an argument is...

New appearance [ 2 Answers ]

I am a young man. To participate in an special ceremony, I want to change my appearance to a young lady. How can I do this, step by step and what tip is good for me? You can see my pic too. Thank you

View more questions Search