Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aquarian99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 10:28 PM
    Moody mother, moody baby ?
    Is anyone convinced that a moody pregnant mother will eventually give birth to a moody baby?
    I'm due in another 7-8 weeks - and I have been feeling anxious, depressed, snappish, irritable & sensitive. I know its all hormonal but there are external factors that do cause me all this anxiety and stress.
    I do try to get away from these 'disturbances', and spend quality 'me-time'.
    However, I still can't eliminate these 'myths' told to me that my child will turn out to be moody exactly like me, from the back of my mind. :confused:
    Someone, please convince me otherwise ? Thank you
    nickeknew Posts: 167, Reputation: 9

Aug 20, 2008, 10:45 PM
    Its pretty funny my mom was the same but Im a happy,athletic,fun/funny kid so just treat him/her like your supposed to and always be close to your child.
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Aug 21, 2008, 10:53 AM
    I was so moody, anxious, high strung, worried, and down right mean sometimes, in the last weeks of my pregnancy... my son, now 8 months old, never cries, is happy go lucky, easy going, and a very laid back relaxed baby.
    babygirl1092 Posts: 114, Reputation: 8
    -

Aug 21, 2008, 11:00 AM
    If that was true I would have a horrible little monster for a daughter and my two on the way would be little monsters to. Instead my daughter is a little love bug and a social butterfly. She loves to be the center of attetion and loves to play! Its all in your head. Motherly worries! Good luck
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 21, 2008, 11:01 AM
    This is just a myth. :D Don't worry your pretty little head over it. ;)
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2008, 11:09 AM
    I have heard the opposite too,
    That the harder the pregnancy, the easier the baby!

You never know what to believe from those myths.

Take your time and don't worry about being tense and worried (not to mention many sleepless nights)... sounds exactly like how I was during my pregnancy.:)
    joanne 1986 Posts: 165, Reputation: 7

Aug 21, 2008, 11:23 AM
    I think this is just what it is a myth! I was very moody, irritable throughout my pregnancy and my daughter turned out to be a lovely little girl.dont worry yourself too much about it!
    ExpectingMommy1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 07:29 PM
    LOL my aunt just got done telling me my baby was going to be cranky and moody because I'm... well I'm just evil lol. But I think pregnancy makes most people a little moody. I wouldn't believe the myth.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2008, 08:41 AM
    You have every rite to be feeling this way, you are pregnant, AND you are nearing the end of your pregnancy. Right now, I only have 5 weeks left,(this is my 3rd baby) and I am constantly in a state of pure exhaustion, cranky and moody, I feel huge and awkward my hips are killing me, I sleep but its like I never even closed my eyes I am so tired, I can't get comfortable, the braxton hicks are beyong annoying, and the heartburn... I could go on and on with a list of frustrations that lead to my moodiness... If everyone around you were expereincing the same things a woman in her last trimester were experiencing, they would be just as moody. It has nothing to do with how your babies attitude will be, but rather just the changes and stressers you are going through emotionally and physically. Don't worry, its perfectly natural, and you aren't predestined to have a mini emo monster. Hahaa

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby Shower For Unwed Mother [ 7 Answers ]

I work with a girl who is expecting her second child. Here is my dilemma. This is her second child out of wedlock. Her first child is only a year and a half old. The father is a unreliable guy and only come surround when HE feels like it. The other girls that I work with feel sorry for her and want...

Baby Mother Drama [ 14 Answers ]

I recently entered into a loving relationship with a wonderful man,but he has a child with a young lady who makes our relationship together very fustrating, obviously she hasn't let him go or in her mind they are still together.Everything we do together is a problem to his baby mother,it has gotten...

Old Kenmore gas dryer getting moody... [ 1 Answers ]

Old Kenmore gas dryer model #87557120 (1986) normally takes about 8 seconds for the ignitor to glow hot enough for the gas to ignite. But just recently, and intermittently, the ignitor will stop glowing after 4 seconds, and the gas doesn't get a chance to ignite. And sometimes it will glow long...

Baby on the way not with the mother? [ 3 Answers ]

OK I'm new to this so here it goes I'm stressing out a lot right now I'm having a kid and I'm not with the mother anymore things were fine between us until she started dating this other guy now all of a sudden I can't have anything to do with her or the baby or what is going on I don't know exactly...

Moody all the time [ 6 Answers ]

Me and my husband as you know has been trying for a baby now for 3 yrs, I can't get in to c my doc until 4 weeks time.. but this week I have been relly moody with hubby and also my boobs where sensative the other day. I've got another week until my periods start but are these a sign of pregnancy or...

View more questions Search