Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexswlee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 06:24 PM
    Pool pump wiring
    I've a 220 V, singele phase, 1 HP pool pump with recommended 14 wire size. The wire bundle contains blank, white, and a ground. I'm trying to install a time switch to control the pump operation but not so sure about the wiring connection. My question is which color of wire is going to the load? Does it matter if I simply pick one and connet it to the load. Thanks.
    albinfla Posts: 310, Reputation: 35

Aug 20, 2008, 06:57 PM
    220 wiring means that there are 2 load wires. In this case, you can use either the black or the white. I would recommend putting a wrap of tape on the white wire insulation... either black or red so if somebody works on it later on that they don't mistake it for a neutral wire. Typically your neutral is white insulated. You could also "paint the insulation with nail polish". But, don't tell the wife you're using her nail polish to paint wires. :)
    Al
    alexswlee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Got it. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring pool pump motor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new pool pump motor. When I disconnected the old motor, I found it was wired with two blue wires and a green ground. The new motor has only L1 and L2 connections. How do I tell the difference? The pump was wired as a 220

220V wiring for a pool pump [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I have to replaced my pool pump motor which was making so much noise (Hayward SuperPump 1 HP; 230V). I also noticed that the switch located between the breaker and the pump was not working quite right; I had to jiggle it to turn the pump ON. So I bought an equivalent dipole switch and...

Wiring pool pump motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new pool pump motor. When I disconnected the old motor, I found it was wired with two blue wires and a green ground. The new motor has only L1 nad L2 connections. How do I tell the difference?

Pool pump wiring [ 1 Answers ]

My electrician made a 4' mistake in running a new line to our pool. Instead of going to all the trouble of running a new line I would like to just replace the plug wire coming from the pump. I don't know squat about this. What does SJTOW mean?

Wiring a pool pump and switch [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to wire a new switch to my pool pump it is a 230 volt. I have a new switch( 240v 30amp double pole single throw), but I do not know how to connect the wires. I have a red a white and a black wire and a bare wire. The is no designation on the switch as to where which wire should go...

View more questions Search