Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kolkay Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Aug 20, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Ideas to style thick hair?
    OK, my hair is really boring. I have very thick hair, shoulder length. I grew up a major tomboy and my mom was never one to really do my hair, so at 21, I have no idea how to curl it (they come out weird, I have many curling irons of diff sizes/same for rollers), but am sick of just having straight hair. I usually straighten it cause it's so thick, but sometimes I just flip it under. I tried do scrunch type but that didn't work, same with putting my hair in braids and taking them out when dry. I am so sick of either wearing my hair straight down or in a ponytail (I don't know how to put my hair up nice either) Does anyone have suggestions?
    Striplingmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Layers in hair will help reduce weight, so the curl will stay better, if that isn't enough try a perm. Putting your hair on top of head at night in a ponytail holder and curling damp ends with foam curlers then sleeping and taking out in the morning can work well too. Put make sure to lasyer your hair.

Aug 20, 2008, 05:06 PM
    Oh, my hair is def layered. I can't imagine what it would look like and feel like without it. And every time I get it cut, they thin it out with shears. Thick hair is a curse young, but apparently a blessing later. But I will try messing with it at night while damp. Maybe I'll get some mousse and towel dry, hairspray it tons.
    Thanks!
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Aug 21, 2008, 11:57 AM
    You can try a semi perm. It's where curling rods or rollers are put into your hair and then a semi perm lotion is applied. If you're not happy with the result, it's OK! As it's a semi :P
    bellareviews Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Try washing your hair at night and putting it in a braid. When you wake up your hair is less wet to blow dry. It cuts the dry time in half. Plus your hair will be silkier and feel lighter.

Bella Reviews| Beauty Wisdom beauty product reviews

Aug 25, 2008, 02:18 PM
    So I put my hair in 3 thick french braids. I was anxious to see if it worked so it took it out before it was really dry and it looked like it worked, though my braiding skills aren't great. So my boyfriend braided my hair for me before bed one night but he made them very small and tight so it didn't turn out so good. So maybe just the big braids. Thanks for all your help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Hair is really thick and it frizzes a lot what should I do? [ 3 Answers ]

My hair is really thick and I have really choppy layers so it frizzes on my ends, what should I do or use to help it because I want to grow it out really long.

I have this thin hair and I hate it! I really want a lush and thick hair [ 2 Answers ]

I was not really blessed wd lush and thick hair ever since... do you know sum natural treatment or any products which will help me have the thick hair I always want? HELp me... :confused:

Thick Hair [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 16 years old and I am Colombian and I have thick black hair. I used to part it back in the day, but now I'm doing other things, but the flip doesn't work good, unless I cut it short and usually the haircutters cut it too short to do anything so I have to wait for it do grow some length to comb...

View more questions Search