Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gregg Tschantz Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2006, 03:53 PM
    Wall socket plug in chargers
    I just heard on the T. V. that I am "waisting " (using) energy if I don't unplug my plug-in charger for, e.g. cell phone, rechargeable flashlight, etc.
    How can that be if I don't have any of these appliances plugged into the charger, drawing current to the appliance?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2006, 03:16 AM
    You are correct; it is baloney. Now, if the charger has an indicator light, then that would be some electrical use, but only the tiniest bit.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Apr 27, 2006, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg Tschantz
    I just heard on the T. V. that I am "waisting " (using) energy if I don't unplug my plug-in charger for, e.g. cell phone, rechargable flashlight, etc.
    How can that be if I don't have any of these appliances plugged into the charger, drawing current to the appliance?
    Actually they use energy when not in use ( if it feel warm, it is using energy), but not as much as when they are in recharge cycle... but some battery/ equipment/flashlight... etc.. May have the capability to turn on/off (100%)the charger
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Apr 27, 2006, 05:47 PM
    The usage is so minimal.. you may be talking about cents a month not even dollars... its media attempt to make news over stuff that doesn't matter that much...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with buying new Socket 478 Motherboard! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My motherboard has blown. I can't afford to buy the m/board, cpu, ram and graphics card etc so I need to just replace the board. I am having trouble finding a board that fits my requirements as the Socket 478 seems to be going out of stock everywhere. What I need: Socket 478 M/board FSB...

Double duty wall socket [ 1 Answers ]

When tackling my last problem (btw thanks guys!) I discovered that one of my wall sockets had a third wire (extended circuit) coming off the socket. They doubled the wire on two of the connection screws and ran a line into the side attic (Cape Cod house) to light the attic. When I was replacing...

How to install a fan with light using a wall plug [ 3 Answers ]

I got a fan with light and some one told me to use a swag kit and install it like a lamp because I am renting my home so I did but the lights don't work and the fan does How do I fix it

Socket 939 motherboards [ 1 Answers ]

I've read that many boards that have a 939 socket for AMD 64 bit processors can also support their new dual core X2 but what I wanted to know is how do I tell if a motherboard can support dual core or not? I thought maybe there is a list of chipsets that can support it but I don't know where to...

Ethernet cable doesn't fit in socket [ 6 Answers ]

First of all, yes, I'm putting it in the right place. I know which one is the modem socket and which one is for an ethernet cable. I've used this same socket (is that the best word?) for over a year, and it's been fine. Now, however, my ethernet cable keeps coming out of the socket. I can put...

View more questions Search