Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irumba Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Low freon
    Our building maintenance man says that my freon is very, very low. He told me that A/C companies are going to tell me that I need a completely new unit, but it's possible that the leak can be fixed by fixing or replacing the valve stem(s)?

I would like to get some other opinions. What do you guys out there think? If a new unit is the only solution, how do I keep from getting ripped off price-wise?

Stephanie in Atlanta
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 20, 2008, 02:13 PM
    First of all call at least two other contractors and get there opinions and prices on a new unit and the repair of the old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About the new 410A freon [ 2 Answers ]

Is There A Conversion Kit For My Old Gauges For Checking R22 To The New 410a?

Freon Leak [ 2 Answers ]

I have a pinhole in the back coil that I accidentally punctured and all the freon leaked out. The hole is no bigger than a pinhole. Id like to know if the pin hole can be patched, and freon replaced? Or is the entire refrigerator now useless due to this tiny pin size hole? I can't afford...

Freon Pressure [ 4 Answers ]

Would someone tell me what is the freon pressure reading on the guauges shoul be OK for 92 honda prelude? Thanks so large

Freon [ 2 Answers ]

How can determine if I have enough Freon in the system? Someone told me if coolant pipe is not very cold then there is not enough Freon. Is it true? TG

How much Freon [ 2 Answers ]

How much freon (R19) should be used to fill a home A/C unit. I need to replace the evaporator and must dischrage the system and refill it.

View more questions Search