Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gobignumber7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Puppet TV show in early 80's or so set in space, looked a lot like Team America
    I'm trying to remember the name of a TV show that featured marianette puppets in space ships. The puppets looked a lot like Team America: wooden, little bodies, big heads. You could see the strings. Can anyone help?
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Aug 20, 2008, 11:30 AM
    "Thunderbirds" (1965)

Its from the 60's but I think its been re-run a number of times... (I remember it from the 70's as well)
    Foxy81 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Is it Terror hawks?
    That's the only one I can think off.

Pete:)
    Foxy81 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 10:59 AM
    Amazon.co.uk: Terrahawks [1983]: Tony Bell, Alan Pattillo, Tony Lenny, Desmond Saunders: DVD
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Aug 21, 2008, 12:49 PM
    Wow, never heard of that one...
    big problems Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2008, 05:59 PM
    This show was the best. I can't remember the name either and it drives me insane. I remember it taking place underwater though(could have been space). I'm sure the puppets in "Team America" were based on this show. It is quite possible that they are the same puppets. Unfortunately... all of my friends have done far too many drugs to believe that such a show existed. They constantly tell me I'm crazy. I distinctly remember going swimming with my friends in the summer and rushing out of the pool because the show was starting. For some reason I remember it and they can't, which further progresses my insanity. If you find out the name... please let me know and I'll do the same. I remember it being mid-day summer of maybe '83? Anyway.. that's probably not enough to go on but who knows:confused:
    mrcouva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Im trying to remember this show as well.. All I can remember is that they had a really cool space ship and it use to open up to fire their special weapon (I think)
    teddy0bear Posts: 64, Reputation: 4

Dec 22, 2008, 11:36 AM

I love Thunderbirds! I have every single ep tapped off TV! Well... except for 2. Why? Because I didn't tape them until after 9-11 and apparently because of that City of Fire and Terror in New York City weren't appropriate. To bad though, they were the best ones!
    Gerry Anderson was the creator of Thunderbirds and Terra Hawks. You are probably thinking of Thunderbirds because it's popularity was crazy! The only other one of his shows that hit that kind of popularity was Stingray. Which is underwater so no worries about that one.
    Another space one that he did was Fireball XL5. Not as good as Thunderbirds but defintly still awesome. It was on TeleToon ages ago :)

If neither of these are the ones just pull up Gerry Anderson on Google or Wiki and take a look see.
    SnubBlah Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2009, 01:11 AM

Its probably thunderbirds, I think team america was spoofing thunderbirds
    goonia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2009, 11:17 PM
    Could it be super car?
    aneraser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2009, 11:11 AM
    I think it might be Star Fleet - X-Bomber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExC6OEQazrc

It was the best!
    Lucas2009 Posts: 129, Reputation: 21

Aug 19, 2009, 03:34 PM
    It was a show called Dai X. Here is a you tube link.

YouTube - Dai X Junction and Battle from Star Fleet
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2009, 01:53 PM

I can only think of... Joe 90 or Captain Scarlett which preceded Joe 90.
    I think they were Gerry Anderson creations,not sure about being in space .

They did have big heads though and you could see the strings quite clearly.
    foriegnbody Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2009, 09:59 AM
    The underwater one was stingray
    mea62 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 01:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gobignumber7 View Post
    I'm trying to remember the name of a TV show that featured marianette puppets in space ships. The puppets looked a lot like Team America: wooden, little bodies, big heads. You could see the strings. Can anyone help?
    Well I've been trying to remember a show like this for years... and today I found out what it was... SPACE PATROL. Used to be a bit scary for me way back then but it's been nagging me for years. Check this link out to see if it's the one you're looking for.

YouTube - Space Patrol (English series)
    Armandolus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2010, 07:50 AM
    Stingray.
    ste37 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2011, 03:40 PM
    It was called star fleet I was a big fan myself ,Terrahawks came after
    rob_B30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2011, 06:41 AM
    Im very sure you are looking for X Bomber.
    twas not a Gerry Anderson product. I too remember it fondly
    Insaneravings Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2012, 03:12 PM
    I think you are talking about the "Thunderbirds" great show
    Househosted Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2012, 10:29 PM
    I remember there was a number in the title of the show or blatantly on the ship they flew in... all in black and white... or less than full colour if I remember right. The chick in the show had blonde hair and the guy had short brown/black...

I rememeber most the gimped way they'd hold their guns and walk around (being puppets.) Great show.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tv puppet show with a puppet named gloria [ 1 Answers ]

My wife is trying to find the this show's name I have no idea what she's talking about can someone help?

Looking for a 80's or early 90's show [ 3 Answers ]

I didn't see this show on TV it was shown in my library class when I was in sixth grade I have talked to three or four other people who remember it but can't remember the name. The show is about these kids in the future who walk through this forest and find a door that takes them into an abandoned...

Early to mid 80's TV show [ 6 Answers ]

I used to get up early on Saturday to watch a TV show that had kids who were in a band. I would say it was a predecessor to type of show Saved by the bell was. Any ideas?

Help me. 80's animated show/movie about two dogs that travel by space shuttle [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I remember this cartoon from when I was a kid about these two dogs that traveled by space shuttle at night. I remember the opening for it a little and it was of a log cabin in the middle of the woods and this space shuttle that would hover over the cabin to pick up the dogs. The dogs...

View more questions Search