Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    depietropaul Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2006, 08:33 AM
    Internet Explorer Question
    Hello Everyone

I am new to this website and I hope to be of help as well as receive help.

My question is this... When you open I.E> 6.0 you can have a "links" bar showing which has some of your most common websites there that you have dragged onto that bar. You can then right click on the "link" and go to properties and then click on "change icon". I have done this and tried various things but I can't seem to find a way to increase the size of the icon. You can't tell what the picture or .bmp file is. Is it a horse? is it a car? Who knows.. . Anybody know how to increase the icons size without much distortion?

Thanks,

Paul
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2006, 09:52 AM
    The size of those icons is hard coded into Windows/IE and cannot be changed as far as I know. It's actually called a "favicon". You can read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favicon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm having a problem with my internet explorer browser every time I'm on a web page and I click on the internet explorer icon to bring up a new internet explorer the first page keep changing ,I'm using windows xp this is the fist time I'm seeing this how can I fix it please .thanks in advance

Internet explorer 6 [ 2 Answers ]

I got the system with win98SE platform. It got a IE 5in it. Now, I want to upgrade it to IE 6. But, whenever I down load the installation file from the Microsoft site which is for 436 kb & when I run it, it tells, previous installation is not completed & restart the machine to install IE6. So, I...

Internet Explorer [ 4 Answers ]

When ever I try to open a site such as Yahoo,Google I get a popup window that ask me what to use to open it with,When In click on IE and OK it will open. How do I get it to open all the time without doing this extra. Its something new? :confused:

Internet Explorer [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have IE installed on mu PC running on windows 2000 but it does not open. I thought let me remove IE and re-install but I am unable to see ADD/Remove programs on the control panel. Any idea what is the problem. I can open Yahoo messenger and msn messenger.

Internet Explorer Question [ 2 Answers ]

Hi folks, I am :-[embarrassed to ask this question but have to, can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I have been with AOL for 4 - 5 years and have just changed to BT. This means that I now use internet explore 6 instead of AOL browser. In AOL I could open up a site then minimises it and...

View more questions Search