Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lynne103 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2006, 07:25 AM
    AC runs non stop vibrates
    Living in a condo I have a new neighbor who runs the A/C non stop even when it is freezing out and we have heat on. In the hot humid summer weather all the neighbors run for a time then shut off but this one runs NON STOP for 12 hours! The more it runs the louder it gets and vibrates up the shared wall to my bedroom. The unit is not far from our shared wall. It is really loud in the basement room underneath my bedroom
    Any suggestions so that I can get some sleep? This has not been a problem in prior years. Ive been here 4 yearsand these places were built new then. Can't even open the windows now.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2006, 08:26 AM
    Hi,
    Do you have a Condo Manager of some type? Or a Condo Maintenance person?
    I would give him/her a call, report it, and see if anything can be done to make the A/C a little quieter. Best of luck.

Apr 23, 2006, 10:15 AM
    Hi, I did contact the Association. They say they can't control how long she runs her AC which is probably the majority of the problem. If she does not wish to have someone come look at it nothing they can do. I offered to pay for a reasonable solution but seeing as its not my unit I can't even get anyone to look at it.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2006, 12:26 PM
    The condo I lived in had strict rules about damn near everything, I am sure that the noise created by this AC unit is on the list of objectionable nusinances.

The unit clearly is not operating properly or supported properly. They should be able to run this unit 24/7 without distrubing anyone. Either the occupant or the association should be able to get this corrected.

Apr 23, 2006, 12:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrussell
    The condo I lived in had strict rules about damn near everything, I am sure that the noise created by this AC unit is on the list of objectionable nusinances.

The unit clearly is not operating properly or supported properly. They should be able to run this unit 24/7 without distrubing anyone. Either the occupant or the association should be able to get this corrected.
    ~~~~

Hi thanks, yes, We do have that nusiance clause but our Board doesn't seem to think it is a nusiance. Until it is their place :confused:
    Sure would like to know why when its 35 degrees the AC is running! :eek:
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2006, 07:37 PM
    Have you give any thought about the unit is a heat pump and she is running it to heat as well as cool. Plus it is possible that she is low on freon and that would make her unit run almost constantly without giving her any cooling or heating. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing machine vibrates badly, even when running empty! [ 1 Answers ]

My Fridgidair washing machine has vibrated badly it seems like since we bought it about 3 years ago. It's not an unbalanced load, because I've tested it without any cloths in it, shouldn't it run nice a smooth without anything in it? I tried levelling it several times and it hasn't worked. ...

Inside fan runs, outside fan runs, but air is not cold [ 8 Answers ]

The inside fan runs and runs, the outside fan on the compressor runs and runs, but only hot air comes out. I sprayed the outside compressor coils with the garden hose to clean them and checked the inside filter. Is there something else I could check? Thanks

Whole house vibrates [ 3 Answers ]

When the blower is turned on, using either heat or AC, the whole house vibrates. Technicians diagnosis revealed that the blower was not balanced properly, which was my initial guess. Inspection also revealed that the fan (squirrel cage) had begun to rotate around the axle of the motor, despite...

A/c only runs for an hour [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, about 3 days ago my a/c unit inside started to pour out water. I bought a wet dry vac and unclogged the pipes, and changed the filter. Now, it will work fine for about an hour, then it starts to struggle. The inside unit tries to run but it does not kick in only makes whispering noise and...

Outside unit runs on. [ 1 Answers ]

My Carrier outside condenser unit continues to run after the residence thermostat has shut down the system and the furnace blower fan is stopped. I suspect a relay failure on this split system. Can I correct this problem myself or should a professional be called?

View more questions Search