Ask
    kayegrimley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 12:14 AM
    British soldiers in iraq
    Are dalton barracks soldiers in iraq ?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2008, 04:52 AM
    They were at Basra International Airport .I think they all returned home in June but I am getting an error message when trying to access the supporting link.
    malb Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 06:16 AM
    I think who ever in iraq should get out ( I mean soldiers)
    They've destroyed everything,excuse is "lets take there ruler saddam away because hhis not good"

What do they know about who's good or who's bad!?

malb
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2008, 06:27 AM
    Thankfully your government under Howard acted responsibly and supported the war.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Aug 21, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by malb
    i think who ever in iraq should get out ( i mean soldiers)
    Yeah, you sit their in school and spout stuff like this, good one! Pffft!

Anyway, on to the OPs question;

There are a LOT of soldiers, from different Divisions and Regiments up there in Abingdon.
    Are you looking for a specific person, or just whether ANYONE from that base is out there?

Also, can I just ask why you want to know? (I'm just curious!)
    malb Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 03:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iAMfromHuntersBar
    Yeah, you sit their in school and spout stuff like this, good one! Pffft!

Anyway, on to the OPs question;

There are a LOT of soldiers, from different Divisions and Regiments up there in Abingdon.
    Are you looking for a specific person, or just whether ANYONE from that base is out there?

Also, can I just ask why you want to know? (I'm just curious!)

Listen (imfromhuntersbar) I'm no school kid
    And for your information iraq belongs to those who live in it
    Not those so called souldiers.
    Maybe you wouldn't mind seeing humdrends die a day
    But its an awful thing for me, saddams dead what more do they want?
    So I guess that's not what their after!!

malb
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2008, 04:48 PM
    malb

We defeated Germany in 1945 and still have troops there. We are in Germany because we have continued to make security agreements with them for our troops to stay.
    The same is true in every country that our troops have bases .They are there by agreement.

The same is true in Iraq. We are finishing this year the last days of a UN mandate for our troops to stabilize and secure the country . We are in negotiations with the legitimate ,elected government of Iraq to extend our stay there .

If we do so,it will be under terms mutually agreed on by us and the elected government of Iraq.
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2008, 10:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    thankfully your government under Howard acted responsibly and supported the war.
    Tom, for the record and without knowing exact numbers, many Australians strongly disagreed with Howard supporting the US in the build up to the invasion of Iraq, especially without UN support. Once there, most felt we had a responsibility to stay.

Protests against the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Still, soldiers aren't to blame for any of what happened. Australian servicemen are trained to follow the demands of the government of the day. Unless they are personally responsible for doing other than they're trained for that is against the law, they deserve our respect and affection.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2008, 01:06 PM
    In my opinion it's a war that should never have happened... sadly it did.

The original idea for the war on Iraq was Sadam Husain was said to have had weapons of mass destruction, which would endanger the whole world.

The troupes only remain there to keep law and order and until the country can stand on it's own two feet again.

The idea was to rebiuld Iraq now that the people were free from Sadam Husains cruel laws, so's that they could continue a happier peaceful life without fear.

George Bush and Tony Blair have in my opinion a lot to answer for and should be brought to justify their actions in a court of law... to go against the UN is unforgivable and should not have been allowed to happen... the people were fed false information about the reason for the war, which was only clarified at a later date, by which time it was to late.

I am so sorry for all the lives of both the soldiers, who are only doing their job and for all of the Iraqi people who have also lost their lives in a war that I consider to be totally unnecessary and unjustified

May God Bless them all
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2008, 04:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rphan
    I am so sorry for all the lives of both the soldiers, who are only doing their job and for all of the Iraqi people who have also lost their lives in a war that i consider to be totally unnecessary and unjustified
    Yes, the UN originally came into being - and has a deep moral obligation - to prevent nations going to war unless there is no other choice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ghost soldiers [ 1 Answers ]

Need to find name of movie that had ghost soldiers coem to aid of small group of people trying to fight thousands of soldiers during medievil times. Movvie maybe 20 to 30 years old.

Soldiers die in the world war one [ 1 Answers ]

Did usa soldiers die in the first world war?

Soldiers Of God [ 2 Answers ]

In my story I'm making this statement literal. Each marine squad his members practicing Chirstianity, Islam, Judism, buddism etc. but for the sake of a plot that would be minor. I would be overwhelmed. I'll only focus on two religions over the course of the books I'm writing. No satanists can be...

4 more soldiers accused of rape, murder in Iraq [ 13 Answers ]

4 more soldiers accused of rape, murder in Iraq http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2006-07-09-rape-investigation_x.htm By Rick Jervis and Andrea Stone, USA TODAY BAGHDAD — Four more soldiers were charged with rape and murder in connection with the slaying of a young Iraqi woman and...

View more questions Search