Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kg_baller Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 06:58 PM
    Med school personal statement
    Do you think it would be wise to put in my personal statement, that I was heartbroken by a girl in gr. 10, which led me to become depressed, but not clinically because I never went to the doctor, but it was a real hard time for me. I have improved so much though and I am much more confident. Would this be something I should put in my personal statement because it has let me to become a more understanding person, but I am scared that this experience may not stand out because it wasn't even a relationship. The girl just started liking someone else behind my back and she never told me. I don't care about her anymore and I am a stronger person because of that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 19, 2008, 08:04 PM
    Not if you want this to be a positive statement to help you.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2008, 01:24 AM
    What are the specific instructions, if there were any, that you were given concerning what the statement is to be about, please?

Aug 20, 2008, 01:37 PM
    There was no specific question. I'm just basing it on using experiences that shaped my life and made me the person today, which is a more understanding and caring person.

Sep 20, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Medical school
    Sorry, I couldn't find the right place to post this. Well, my story is that I am in my 4th year of undergrad and I am interesting in pursuing medical school. However, my GPA is kind of low right now due to a very bad first year and my MCAT grade is average. I want to get into a canadian medical school, but my chances of getting in this year are slim. I'm just confused as to what I should do next year. My options are doing a Master's, applying to a Caribbean medical school, or staying back another year to boost my GPA. What do you think I should do?

Thanks

Sep 23, 2008, 10:47 PM

Anyone have any suggestions?

Sep 23, 2008, 10:48 PM
    Medical school
    Sorry, I couldn't find the right place to post this. Well, my story is that I am in my 4th year of undergrad and I am interesting in pursuing medical school. However, my GPA is kind of low right now due to a very bad first year and my MCAT grade is average. I want to get into a canadian medical school, but my chances of getting in this year are slim. I'm just confused as to what I should do next year. My options are doing a Master's, applying to a Caribbean medical school, or staying back another year to boost my GPA. What do you think I should do?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 11:00 PM

I'm actually in the process of applying to med schools right now, so I'm there with you.

As far as your applying to med schools, to be honest with you, you're a little late. AMCAS primaries usually are turned in June - August, and secondaries should be turned in September - October.

However, if you really want to do the med school thing, and don't mind the caribbean, then I wouldn't go for the Master's... because I just don't think it's worth it.

Apply anyway (if you have the money for it... I'm currently $2k in the hole), see what happens, and go from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiple-step income statement in good form and retained earnings statement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I would like someone to check to see if I did this correctly, if I did not then please help. Thanks The Problem is: The following pretax amounts pertain to River Corp. for the year ended December 31, 2008. Sales... $400,000 Operating Expenses... 84,000 Extraordinary gain... 30,000...

Income statement, owners equity statement and balance sheet [ 6 Answers ]

Les Fleurs, a boutique in Paris, France, had the following accounts in its accounting records at December 31, 20X2 (amounts in Euros, denoted as "E") Purchases………………... E250,000 Freight In……………… E8,000 Sales discounts…………. 4,000 Purchase returns…….. 7,000 Inventory Sales…………………. ...

Financial Statement with Balance sheet and income statement [ 1 Answers ]

Here's the problem: The Hobart Company incurred the following transactions during 2003: A. Acquired $50,000 of cash capital from owners B. Paid $10,000 to acquire manufacturing equipment C. Paid $5,000 cash for materials used in production D. Paid $2,000 for wages of production workers...

What is the correct financial statement-statement of cash flows wording? [ 2 Answers ]

Cash (used) in operating activities <10,000> Cash (used) in investing activities 10,000 Thank you for any help you can provide.

Prepare income statement and retained earning statement [ 1 Answers ]

The following information was taken from the 2004 financial statement of pharmecutical giant Merck and CO. All dollar amounts are in millions. Retained earnings, January 1, 2004 34,142.0 Materials and production expense 4,959.8 Marketing and administrative expense 7,346.3 Dividends 3,329.1...

View more questions Search