Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anono Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Aug 19, 2008, 05:38 PM
    Mac system preferences
    I have the latest mac computer but have a problem. My system preferences place in the dock is now a grey question mark. I also cannot find it on my finder. Someone help me
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Aug 19, 2008, 08:21 PM
    Click on the apple at the top left - System Preferences should be in that menu.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Aug 20, 2008, 03:36 AM
    The question mark means the application can't be found - which means that either it's been moved, it's been deleted, or there's something more serious wrong with OS X. If for example you moved the System Preferences file from Applications to somewhere else you would see this happening. When you open the Finder and look in Macintosh HD>Applications, you should see the System Preferences application down near the bottom of the list of applications. Do you see it there?
    anono Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Aug 20, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Thanks I have fixed the problem now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting forced hot air system to baseboard heating system [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a basic question about heating. Is it possible to change a forced hot air system to a baseboard heating system? And if so, what does it involve exactly? And approximate prices, for about 5000 sq feet house. Thank you very much.

Transferring Brinks Alarm System to Non-Monitored System [ 5 Answers ]

I understand that when you cancel your Brinks-monitored security system that they come and remove their equipment (which you apparently don't own) or you can buy all their equipment for $500. The equipment removal exposes unpainted walls and previously-covered holes. Is it possible to install a...

Sheathing preferences [ 5 Answers ]

We are putting a 2 story addition on that will include a garage on the first floor and a walking closet/master bath expansion on the second. The bid referenced OSB sheathing on the exterior walls/roof and floor deck. The contractor decided to install Bild-Rite sheathing on the exterior walls...

How do I increase H2O pressure on well system with a water filtration system? [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy, I would like to know how I can increase my water pressure. My current system uses a well pump with a small pressure tank, and "D" control valve. It then runs through a WATERSOFT filtration tank, RAINSOFT water softner, and on the Hot water side, an AQUASTAR on demand hot water system. I...

View more questions Search