Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qwerty12 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 04:54 PM
    Remove outdoor carpet glue?
    I have removed old indoor/outdoor carpet from a cement porch. I have removed most of the glue but am having trouble removing all of it. I have used a metal scraper and also a floor sander. The glue is about 90% gone. The cement is smooth with the glue but it looks yucky. Also there are marks from where the glue was applied with the trowel. Like streaks on the cement. Any suggestions on how I can remove the remainder of the glue and the trowel marks?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 19, 2008, 06:34 PM
    You can buy a carpet adhesive solvent that will soften the glue more, then more scraping. It will never look like plain old concrete again because some adhesive is down into the pores of the cemnet for good.
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

Aug 21, 2008, 10:22 AM
    Like ballenger said your never going to get it all. Scraping and sanding with the adhesive remover will help. Maybe you could paint the porch after getting as much as possible up. Don't know how you feel about painted porches, just an idea it would help hide imperfections but painted porches can be hard to maintain and slippery when wet. Post back if I missed anything , GOOD LUCK, AC

Feb 20, 2009, 09:26 AM

Help! I am having trouble trying to ask a question! I get into a area i.e.. Home and Garden then to Plumbing but the next page does not have a button in the upper left corner to go to the posting page. What can I do to post a question.

Feb 20, 2009, 09:31 AM

Forget the previous message/question. System had issues. I am now able to ask questions.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 20, 2009, 10:47 AM

And that question would be..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove the black tile glue from a conrete floor in the basement. [ 4 Answers ]

How to remove the black glue from a concrete floor in the basement. We removed the tile, which was buckling and now we are left with a black, uneven mess. We would like to just paint the floor. Please help.

Removal of carpet glue before tiling [ 2 Answers ]

Do I need to remove the old carpet glue from the concrete slab before I begin the tiling process

Remove taffy from carpet [ 1 Answers ]

Any hints out there on how to remove taffy that has been melted into carpet? Is using ice to freeze and break it out the best way or is there something else?

View more questions Search