Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hugopugo32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Cat started peeing on carpet
    I have a 12 year old persian cat, he has always used a litter tray but in the past couple of days has started to pee by the front door on the carpet. Yesterday when I let him out he used the neighbours front door mat to pee on. I know he is getting old but I do not understand why he is doing this all of a sudden?? :confused:
    Diane Carol Posts: 76, Reputation: 4

Aug 19, 2008, 04:16 PM
    You could do a Google search and ask the same question.
    But, in dealing with the infraction, simply spray white vinegar where she has peed and she won't go back to the same place again.
    Do the same with the neighbour's mat.

Make sure she goes to her tray at opportune times or take her outside.

Consult a web vet. Possibly she is feeling ill and needs to relieve herself wherever she is at the moment.

Have you caused her any anxiety like just getting back from a time away from her.
    Maybe she just wants to put a stamp on her territory. All animals do this.
    She might just grow out of it.

Have you changed her diet or anything out of the ordinary in how she acts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Male dog just started peeing in house [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem that recently started. I have a Corgi mix about five years old. He was house trained before we got him at about age 1.5yrs. Up until recently, we've never had a problem with his peeing or pooping in the house. About a month ago, though, he got a serious intestinal...

Dog peeing on carpet [ 4 Answers ]

The dog we dog-sit often pees everyday on our carpet!! Same place(s) everyday! The dog is trained and a super good dog at her house but... at my house pees, every single day and even pooped, sloppy poop today! We take our dog and the guest dog out several times before we leave, we even cut back...

Peeing on the carpet [ 2 Answers ]

I have two female dogs. My female beagle mix has recently started peeing in the living room. We though maybe we weren't leaving them out long enough, so started doing that. We thought maybe we weren't taking them out enough, so started doing that. But this doesn't seem to be the problem. ...

9 year old dog has started peeing on new carpet [ 2 Answers ]

Our 9 year old female dog has started peeing on new carpeting that has recently been put in the basement. She never goes anywhere else in the house and she only does it when we are gone or sleeping. She has a doggy door to go out side when ever she would like which is half way down the basement...

7 month old pug started peeing on my bed! [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. She is 7 months old and potty trained. What could be wrong.I have not spayed her yet. :confused: Please help me

View more questions Search