Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrewCrew0981 Posts: 128, Reputation: 21

Sep 1, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuff
    Same with getting over the ex, when you are tempted to call tell yourself, "Maybe I can't go a lifetime (which is a complete lie by the way) but I can go the day." If it is so bad that you feel like you have to call this minute tell yourself, "I can go the hour" Keep putting it off, and eventually you'll just put it off forever.
    This is some really good advice. Thanks, Chuff. Also thanks for sharing your story. It's always good to know that I'm not the only one out there going through hell. That's what this board is for after all!
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewCrew0981
    This is some really good advice. Thanks, Chuff. Also thanks for sharing your story. It's always good to know that I'm not the only one out there going through hell. That's what this board is for after all!
    Exactly, I feel like this board is actually like a map from hell. From here the only way to go is forward and up, all you have to do give your brain the positive and avoid the negative... not always easy but not impossible.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Sep 1, 2008, 11:08 PM
    Bro, tell yourself that you are more worthy than she is.

Yeh, she's sleeping around but she'll be the one crying and bawling her eyes out when she either finds out she's infected or pregnant.

Sep 15, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Good for 1.5 weeks, now ready to lose it.
    I've been going good and feeling for 1.5 weeks with NC. Then, yesterday I began to fall apart. No, I didn't break NC, but it's become harder and harder for me not to. I don't get why I have this urge all of the sudden. She's already dating again, etc and you would think this would make me not want to talk to her more. I just don't know. I'm just here to vent.
    wikedjuggalo Posts: 406, Reputation: 43

Sep 15, 2008, 04:25 PM
    Vent away buddy. Just keep NC. Reading the stickies here helped me a lot. Keep your mind busy, do something anything to stop yourself from contacting. Post anything you want to vent.

Sep 15, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Yeah, I just don't know. I know I'm infatuated (still) with how we used to be and what I thought she was. I know nothing but time and NC can shake it.
    Dragonfly1234 Posts: 161, Reputation: 49

Sep 15, 2008, 04:50 PM
    It comes in waves, kind of like a craving. You just have to though it out while it's happening and wait for it to pass. Keep reminding yourself that it'll pass but when it does, expect it to come back again just so it doesn't take you completely by surprise when it does. And remember that the way you're feeling right now, the waves, get further apart and less strong as time goes by. Hang in there!

Sep 15, 2008, 04:52 PM
    I'm hanging! Because I know if I break it I'll just be another 1.5 weeks back, and right where I started. I'm going to go work out soon (which I haven't done in YEARS). Time to feel good about myself and get those endorphins rushing.
    Dragonfly1234 Posts: 161, Reputation: 49

Sep 15, 2008, 04:58 PM
    Seriously, NOTHING compares to the feel-good endorphins that exercising will give you. And it's self rewarding so good for you for doing it!
    Kevin_s Posts: 213, Reputation: 51

Sep 15, 2008, 05:44 PM
    I've been going good and feeling for 1.5 weeks with NC. Then, yesterday I began to fall apart. No, I didn't break NC, but it's become harder and harder for me not to. I don't get why I have this urge all of the sudden. She's already dating again, etc and you would think this would make me not want to talk to her more. I just don't know. I'm just here to vent.

Actually, you knowing that she's dating around already is pissing you off and is making you want to talk to her to do a number of things.

1.) Try to win her back.
    2.) Get angry and tell her how inconsiderate she is and that she is stupid.
    3.) Try to get some closure, or show that you are better than her.

The truth is that you should just not check up on her love life or any part of her life for that matter. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, even if you're not together. If she was the one that broke up with you, then she is the one that has to bear the burden of always wondering if she made a mistake. You on the other hand get to have a clean slate, learn from the problem and better yourself. =)

I'm in the same boat, I don't know if my recent ex is dating anyone (I highly doubt it though) but to be perfectly honest, I feel that she is at the loss, not me.

Go kick it with friends and go party it up man!

Sep 15, 2008, 05:48 PM
    I hear yah, and your 3 reasons make absolutely perfect sense now that you said them. That's exactly why. I do not go around snooping. Her best friend just happens to live 2 doors down from me and she chats me up in the hall sometimes.

Sep 15, 2008, 05:51 PM
    You know.. that's why I snooped. I regretted it after I did it. Mostly #3. And maybe another reason. Stay Strong man, we are or were in the same boat at one time. I'm still in that boat with you and I don't think I'm jumping ship anytime soon :)
    Kevin_s Posts: 213, Reputation: 51

Sep 15, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat too lol.

2.5 year anniversary, then the next week (exactly 1 week after) she dumps me after saying that very same day how much she loves me and is happy I am in her life and all that bullcrap.

Now she won't even talk to me and we broke up August 23rd.

Just see it as she lost out on a good thing. Arguments can be resolved, issues can be fixed, and broken hearts can always be mended.

If it gives you any hope, my good friends parents dated for like 4 years when they were a bit younger, broke up for 6 years and then have gotten back together and been married for 23 years.

Nothing is "forever" and maybe you're just not in the right places at life to be together. Everyone hits their maturity level at a different age. That's when people get together and start looking at a future TOGETHER.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2008, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_s
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat too lol.

2.5 year anniversary, then the next week (exactly 1 week after) she dumps me after saying that very same day how much she loves me and is happy I am in her life and all that bullcrap.

Now she won't even talk to me and we broke up August 23rd.
    LMAO... I wish I had a dollar for every time I've read this on here , amazing isn't it. One minute they supposedly LOVE YOU and the next...

Sep 15, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178
    LMAO ...............I wish I had a dollar for everytime I've read this on here , amazing isn't it. One minute they supposedly LOVE YOU and the next.....................
    I have a feeling they all plan it FAR in advance. Something just hits them the wrong way, or someone else comes along and gives them a little encouraging shove, and that's all they wrote.

Sep 15, 2008, 07:09 PM
    I have a feeling they all plan it FAR in advance. Something just hits them the wrong way, or someone else comes along and gives them a little encouraging shove, and that's all they wrote.
    Lol I'll agree with the shove.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 16, 2008, 08:08 AM
    Feelings come and go, be patient and stay on the path, as emotional storms do pass.

Pat yourself on the back for riding this one out.

Sep 16, 2008, 10:37 AM
    It's been another rough day. Just trying to wait out this emotional storm, it's a dousy. My mind and heart keep fighting each other tooth and nail. My mind says to get over it, she ain't coming back ever. My heart still hangs on to false hope. I hope my heart lets go of that sooner rather than later.
    bigdee Posts: 132, Reputation: 20

Sep 16, 2008, 10:55 AM
    Hang in there buddy! I'm rooting for you because I know exactly how you feel. Just when I think I'm over it, all of a sudden I start thinking about my ex and start getting all worked up. The good news is that as time passes, those incidents occur far less and when it does, it doesn't get me down so much as it used to. So I know I'm on the road to recovery. I know there will still be bumps down the road and I'm sure I'll be posting here again about something stupid regarding my ex but I know I am making progress. Just hang in there! Also I totally encourage to start working out again. What helped me recover was picking up some new hobbies or restarting some old ones. It really preoccupied my thoughts and helped a lot. When you breakup, often you have this extra time that you allocated for your ex and now you having nothing to do with it but feel depressed. Make sure you fill that time up with some other hobby!

Sep 16, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Thanks. This site helps, knowing there are others in my position that are going through the same thing. I just wish I would drop the obsessive thoughts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does the majority rule in the USA? [ 39 Answers ]

All my life I have heard that this is a country in which majority rules. Is this true, or is it something assumed without evidence?

Rule for this Function [ 1 Answers ]

What is the rule for the following function? Input Values: 15, ___, 30, 10, 9, 3, 1 Output Values: 6, 18, 3, 9, ___, 30, 90 :confused:

72 hr Rule? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All; Newbie here, I need to know how long does an alleged creditor have (days,hours?) to answer a debt vaildation letter. And I have heard that we(comsumer) have only 72hrs + 3 days mailing to dispute said debt? Is there any thing to this? ...

Mongol rule [ 2 Answers ]

I have to do a project and I looked everywhere online I have to right 3 causes of the mongol rule, 5 historical accounts and 3 effects any one can help? Please do=]

View more questions Search