Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    citylover Posts: 79, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 12:23 PM
    Paying for a car
    Does "paying cash" for a car mean walking in with actual cash, writing a bank check or coming back with a certified check ? What does the dealer expect you to bring if you say you are "paying cash"?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 19, 2008, 12:28 PM
    It really depends on who you ask, they could mean paying in full or bringing in paper money.
    citylover Posts: 79, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by citylover
    Does "paying cash" for a car mean walking in with actual cash, writing a bank check or coming back with a certified check ? What does the dealer expect you to bring if you say you are "paying cash"?
    I do mean that I will pay "full" at the time of purchase just not sure if it means walking in with the actual bills... $50,000 is a lot to be carrying around.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 19, 2008, 12:42 PM
    It means paying in full not by financing. A dealer will proably require a certified check to release the car.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 19, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Yes, while I have heard a few stories of people coming in with large amounts of cash, I am not sure I believe the stories, I know my parents used to just write a check for the cars they bought

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Not paying alimony [ 2 Answers ]

I filed for divorce recently and have been married 6 years how do I get out of paying alimony to my wife Iam from Ohio. Thank you

Paying Taxes [ 8 Answers ]

I'm going to be taking care of my friends baby. I will be paid by a government assistance program for child care and I would have to pay my own taxes from my pay. How do I calculate how much I have to pay and If I have to pay?:confused:

Not Paying Car loan [ 2 Answers ]

My question for anybody that reads this is, I can not make the monthly payments on my car, and the car is under my mother. My mother can not pay the car either and I was wondering what would be the appropriate thing to do in this case. I am struggling month-to-month for these payments and my mother...

Who can tell me about paying royalties? [ 1 Answers ]

I might be videotaping a dance recital where contemporary music will be played, for which payment of royalties (residuals?) are necessary. Videotapes of dance recitals in my area are typically going for $15.00 per tape when sold to parents and families of the performers. What I need to know is:...

Paying twice [ 1 Answers ]

I opened a account with a furniture company many years ago (apex 10yrs ago) and I thought my bill was paid in full I just received a letter from a collection company telling me that I have this outstanding bill with them I told them that I do not have my paper work from the furniture company.I...

View more questions Search