Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jb4now Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 11:56 AM
    Connecting dtv, cable box, to vcr/dvd to TV
    I have Direct Tv, Medicom Cable Box, I want to connect them to my vcr/dvd which does not have a built in tuner. I can get one or the other to record, but not both with out unhooking the other. Can this be done?
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Aug 19, 2008, 12:01 PM
    In all reality.. dump the vcr and get DVR... Both Direct TV and cable boxes have DVR's available.
    Why do u have both cable an direct TV?
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Aug 20, 2008, 07:21 AM
    You give me a bad rep for asking you a question?? Wow...

Sorry, but really think about it.. a VCR has ONE input for the cable... and I have not seen a vcr in years that does not have a tuner int. but that doesn't matter...

You have a cable box and a sat box... both are their own tuners. You can split the outputs then join them again and feed both into the vcr. I would not recommend this... and it won't always work as expected. Hence the reason I suggested the DVR.

As the pic shows.. get a few splitters from radio shack... 2 that go 1 in 2 out... 1 that goes 2 in 1 out.

Setup like this... but I don't think its going to work... especially if both the cable and sat send data at the same time...

I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS... but here.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting DVD/VCR to TV with cable but no cable box [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all! I'm trying to help my folks connect their Samsung DVD-V6700 (DVD/VCR combo) player to their Toshiba TV, model number 27AF45. They have cable TV, but no cable box. The coaxial cable is supposed to connect directly to the TV. How do I hook up the DVD/VCR player so both DVDs and VHS tapes...

Connecting to old cable TV [ 5 Answers ]

We bought our daughter and grandchildren a new DVD/VCR for Christmas. She wanted to replace the old VCR with the newer DVD/VCR. I never thought to check the TV (about 8 years old), thinking it was connected now, so would not be a problem to connect the new. She has digital cable, and it was all...

Connecting cable TV, dvd and vcr [ 1 Answers ]

I have cable TV coming into the house. Want to hook up a DVD player and a VCR to the TV with cable, howis this done.

Connecting cable to multimedia computer [ 1 Answers ]

I have an HP multimedia center computer and I would like to hook up my TV cable wire to it. Do I just split the cable connection with a connector and hook it directly to the back of the computer or do I need a cable box. I would like to watch and record with my computer.

Using single utp cable for connecting two PC [ 3 Answers ]

I want to use single utp cable for conneting two PC;s through hub, I mean , want to use only two pairs in the utp cables, by using only 1, 2, 3 and 6, cables for each.

View more questions Search