Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sonofabeachjr89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 11:03 AM
    1991 honda civic problems
    Hello I have a 1991 honda civic that I think it has a electric problem
    Sometimes I start it and it won't even turn over and when I'm driving at night sometimes all my lights go off but I'm still driving the car when I put the headlights on my engine sounds like its running low I let it run for a while then took out my battery to see if it's the alternator but it ran fin so I think it might be a electric problem something to do with my light if someone could help my so I know what I'm looking for that would be great
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2008, 11:53 AM
    If it's the dash lights that go out, check the ignition switch for wear, pitting, or melting:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post224652

I would also get the battery and alternator tested, which many auto parts stores will do for free.
    sonofabeachjr89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 01:12 PM
    Okay thanks you ill get it tested hopfully its something like that not no wire problem like I thought
    tazzieboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 04:26 AM
    Where is the electric fuel pump on the Honda 1600 DOHC year 1990 situated on the car?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Idle problems with a 1991 Honda Civic DX Hatchback [ 3 Answers ]

I have been fighting this problem for the past year and a bit and to be honest I would like to just take the stupid thing out back and shoot it. It starts fine and will idle for awhile fine but once it hits a certain temp (or if I drive it cold and come to the first stoplight) it idles ridiculously...

1991 honda civic dx problems starting [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I own a 1991 honda civic dx and I just put a new starter in it and a new fuel pump and a new fuel filter all within the last month. And after all that was said and done I tried starting it and it still won't turn over it pops but won't start do you now what the problem is because I'm at a lose...

1991 honda civic starting problems [ 1 Answers ]

My 1991 honda civic began to stumble upon acceleration and eventually quit. I have been unable to get it started since. It has a full tank of gas, new timing belt and water pump. The starter turns the engine. Any suggestions?

1991 honda civic spark problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a 91 civic lx 1.5l and me and my dad rebuilt it and it ran fine for a little bit but still had some mechanical problems. We have all the mechanical problems fixed now and it is having eletrical problems the car ran for about 20min then shut off so we started it back up and I took it for a...

Problems with my 1991 honda civic dx [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem with my 1991 honda civic dx it overheats when I am sitting in traffic but not driving. I changed the fan sensor already and have noticed that the fan doesn't come on, What could be the problem is it possible that both fans went out at same time? Also getting error code 16 from ECU...

View more questions Search