Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abigail21 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 09:38 AM
    Confused about treadmill running.
    I just put a post about losing weight, and I have another question about exercising.

Every time I exercise, I always work up to this, but I always feel the need to run on the treadmill at a fast pace (I always do 5.7 mph). This gets me tired very fast, sometimes its hard to even run a mile. Since I get so tired I stop running after 8 or 10 minutes. However; I feel that if I don't run fast I won't loose the weight. I want to be fit and in shape, as fast as possible, but in a safe way. What pace is a good pace to run at/are intervals effective? What pace during the intervals? How long should I do each interval? How long should I be on the treadmill for each day to lose the most amount of weight in a healthy manner?

Thank you :) :)
    ladyrhea Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 10:20 AM
    [F] Hello if you want to talk about weight loss and the things that seemed to help me the most. I lost 60 pounds from Last fall and its is not a whole year yet since its Aug. But I do know a few things that did help me. So If you would like to talk about that. I sure will share.

Hope this was OK.
    Its not to what you asked but I did see that you had asked it.
    Thanks
    Ladyrhea

Aug 19, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Yes! I don't know if this website has a private message way of communicating... but you can email me at [email protected]

I am looking forward to hearing from you! :)
    cjeep23 Posts: 49, Reputation: 10

Aug 19, 2008, 10:39 AM
    The most effective way to burn fat and thus lose weight is by running intervals. If 5.7 mph is fast for you then use that as your sprinting speed. Sprint for 1min and walk at a medium pace for 2min. Repeat that for however long you can 15-30min. It burns fat and calories better than just running at a single constant pace.

Aug 19, 2008, 10:44 AM
    Thank you for that information! I will begin to try that, it will be much easier for me to do both physically and mentally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Treadmill electricity [ 4 Answers ]

I have a nordic track treadmill 3000. They told me, at first, I needed a 20 amp wall outlet. Now they tell me I need to run a 330v line to the treadmill. Does anyone know if that is necessary? Is there anything else I can do? Thanks

Treadmill shorting out [ 1 Answers ]

We just purchased a treadmill approx 6 months ago. For the first 3 months it worked fine. Now when you turn it on it goes for approx 1 second then turns off. It makes a buzzing sound then stops. Is there some kind of circuit breaker built into them.

How to fix treadmill ? [ 3 Answers ]

I have proform 350 treadmill (used) for the past 3 months. Everything was working perfectly fine until yesterday the belt start slipping.It works fine, if I don't stand on it.Sooner I step on it, it start having that jerk motion. My weight is under 200lbs. So I know weight is not the problem. Can...

Treadmill kittens [ 3 Answers ]

This is really cute :) YouTube - Treadmill Kittens

View more questions Search