Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abigail21 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 08:35 AM
    I'm desperate for a plan!
    This is my first time using this site, and I'm not sure how willing any of you are to do this but I figure it wouldn't hurt anything to try.

After reading other posts of people who are trying to lose weight, I see millions of wonderful helpful answers given to all these people. I have heard these answers and tips over and over again, and nothing is happening. People say eat this, don't eat this, eat at this time. But I always lose my motivation because I feel like what I'm eating, when I'm eating it, how much I'm eating is never right. I think that to really help me I need someone who is willing to send me an EXAMPLE diet.. ex: instead of saying eat more fiber, poultry, veggies, etc. I need: for breakfast have 5 carrots or yogurt, at 11 have a sandwich, at 2 have this... blah blah blah. I feel like if someone gives me the information I am using, I will not lose my motivation as easily and feel like I'm doing it wrong. Also an exercise plan would be good too.

I know that this is a lot to ask of someone to make a meal plan for me, but asking isn't going to do any harm. So I will just wait and see where this leads me, because face it - I am desperate.

I am a nursing student in school, and I live with my boyfriends parents. I have an extremely busy schedule.

I am a 19 year old female, 5'7", 170 pounds. Setting my goal for 130 pounds, or somewhere close.

For exercise, I have a treadmill at home. Do not have the available finances to join a gym (finances are tight in college :)!) Me and my boyfriend have been saving up for a while to buy an elliptical, because I hate running on treadmills; but for the time being I am willing to do it.

So - to sum up: I am hoping for a meal plan saying what to eat and what times as well as exercise plans.
    If you could PM me that would be good, but anything would be so much appreciated.

Thank you for the time you have taken to read this, and for those who get back to me - thank you in advance for that too. Your comments are going to be greatly appreciated.

Abby
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 08:42 AM
    Welcome to AMHD. My favorite diet: Peter Gott's No Flour, No Sugar Diet. So easy, even I can do it. Good luck! Amazon.com: Dr. Gott's No Flour, No Sugar Diet: Peter Gott, Robin Donovan: Books
    abigail21 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 08:59 AM
    Thanks! Anyone else?

Also, I was thinking about taking vitamins to help me get more healthy. I am aware that this won't help me loose weight, I just want them for the health benefit. Anyone know of any good vitamins that I could pick up from Kroger? Thanks.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 05:34 PM
    I lost 25 lbs through diet and working out. I went on a carbs diet. I stop drinking soda, that blows up your stomach, and non 100% juice. I really only drink water. I workout for only 30 minutes 3x per week and ate right. I got a low carbs food plan at Barnes&Noble bookstore and follow it to a t. I workout at Curves and it was a big help. I know some gyms are costly but have you checked your neighborhood for some free ones or gyms that offer students rate? I take multivitamins, it helps a lot. Also, they used to tell me at the gym, every diet plan that's help there might not work for every one, so once you find one for you then your see a result. I hope you find that fit you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A cat in desperate need of help [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 years old cat, male, 3.7 Kg, and his mother persian bread. 4 Days ago he startes to vomit every half hour, vomiting acompanied by Diarrhea. Every time vomit was yellow at first with a mucus then a white Foam. There were no signs of blood. The diarrhea was also frequent (45 Min -...

Desperate to be a mom [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are newly weds but we've been together for 7 years. At our age I really want to have a baby. I have an irregular period. Sometimes, my period lasts for almost a month and after that I'll wait for 2-3 months for my period to come back. But lately I think my period was regular. I...

Getting desperate! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there I am now 45 years old and my childless boyfriend and I would love to have a baby, what are the chances, and can anyone give any hints or tips please?? Kim

Desperate Dad [ 1 Answers ]

I am divorced. Kids have been with Mom for last year and a half. During this time I have tried to see them and maintain relationship but have been squeezed out of their lives. A year ago I filed for joint custody of kids (16,15,12) because I was being prevented from seeing them. Went to court and...

View more questions Search