Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acehitter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 04:03 AM
    Kenmore Washing Machine is draining while filling - stuck in cycle
    My Kenmore 80 Series washing machine is 4 yrs old. It fills like it should but when it gets to a certain level for a large load, it starts to drain while its still filling. The water keeps filling and draining leaving it stranded in that cycle. If I change the load size to medium, it works fine. Any ideas on a home remedy? Or do I need to call a professional? Is it even worth putting money into fixing it?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 06:19 AM
    I would check the height of the drain pipe. If it is not high enough, water will siphon out of the washer once it reaches a certain level. I had this same problem. The washer wanted a minimum height for the pipe of 36", but the builder put the box in too low.

I solved the problem by adding an extension through a hole I cut in the top of the box. Fortunately for me, this was in an unfinished basement. If this is in a finished wall, I would not be able to do this.

Best of luck,
    WallyH
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washing machine spin cycle [ 2 Answers ]

My Kenmore washer will go through the wash cylce but when it reaches the spin cycle the water will drain out but will not spin out. I did replace the motor isolation cupling, but that did not take care of the problem. I'm thinking that the control magnet could be the culprit. Any thoughts?? LAJ

Draining washing machine [ 3 Answers ]

The motor in my washing machine went out and I need to drain the water left in the machine. Is there an easy way to do it?

Kenmore washing machine "70" series spin cycle problems [ 1 Answers ]

What are my first steps in finding what is wrong with my Kenmore washing machine? The spin cycle has stopped, yet it still sounds as if it is spinning, but the spool inside the washer does not move at all. I have done enough research to know that it is a direct drive washing machine. Any ideas? ...

Tub draining into washing machine? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! My front load washing machine occasionally has water (1-2 gallons) in it even though it has not been in use. I suspect the bathroom shower/tub upstairs may somehow be leaking water (draining) into the machine when it receives heavy use. Is this even possible and who should I call, a plumber...

Kenmore washing machine no longer rinsing, draining or spinning w/out manipulating. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore washing machine model 110.8244110. I had a heavy load of rugs that left pieces of rug in washer and was off balance. There was a slight smell of something burning but that is gone. Now it doesn't drain completely. It is about 1/3 filled w/ soapy water. Since then I have to...

View more questions Search