Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Longstorm Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 02:41 AM
    Difference between human and pig blood
    I would like to know the Following:

The chemical differences between human and pig blood.

What effects would a large amount (several pints) blood have when fed to plants. i.e. if a blood is poured into the root system of plants, would this effect the colouration of the leaves or flowers?

Many thanks for your answers.

Regards,

Julian
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 09:01 AM
    Blood is likely to act as a fertilizer and promote growth and greener leaves. I don't know enough about plants to tell you exactly how several pints of blood would affect a plant. A tree should be able to handle that. Some smaller plants might not like it. It might depend on the plant. But if you are asking will the plant turn red instead of green, the answer is no.

How much blood are you planning to pour on what species of plant? And is this human blood or pig's blood?

Human and pig blood are very similar. The main differences would be in the immune molecules, the cell surface receptors on the cells in the blood--"white blood cells." The differences are easy to detect using modern lab techniques.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The difference between human and animal blood? [ 9 Answers ]

I know that the difference between animal and human blood cells is that animal blood has a nucleus and different antigens, but I was wondering why that is? :confused: why do animals need a nucleus and different antigens to us?

The difference between blood types [ 7 Answers ]

How can you tell the difference between blood types?:confused:

Human Blood or animal blood? [ 13 Answers ]

Hello anyone. I'm a newbie here, hope to find some help here. I'm a student taking degree in biomedical science. I'm required to produce a research project in order to get my degree. I'm interested in forensic science so I choose it to be my field of research. I wonder how a real crime scene...

Human vs animal blood [ 1 Answers ]

How do scientist tell the difference between human blood and animal blood?

MD "wanted" Human Blood Question... [ 1 Answers ]

I have been doing some research on the human body for a comic strip I am trying to write... And I am trying to keep just the fact when it comes to the human body. So my question is? What is the maximum amount of blood a person can lose with out dying? And how long would it take to be back to...

View more questions Search