Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    realsweet Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2006, 06:19 PM
    Hydroquinone
    Hi Im new to this site. And Ive been reading some posts. In my experience a lot of over the counter bleaching brands don't help because at the most they have 2% hydroquinone and that is not enough for people such as african-americans with highly pigmented skin. I suggest going to a dermatologist. You can get hydroquinone at levels 4-8% at a dermatologist office. My cousin has done this and her face lightened at least 4 shades in like 2-3 weeks I didn't even recognize her at first. I have also used hydroquinone at higher levels and gotten fast results. But you must maintain them. I used 6% and got lighter in a couple of days I would say about 1 shade.
    Lady C Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2006, 03:39 AM
    Where did you get your 6% HQ from?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2006, 04:31 AM
    Hi,
    If you are using a dosage higher than recommended by over-the-counter, then please keep in contact with your dermotologist, and follow his/her suggestions. Best of luck.
    DARK2LIGHT Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2006, 10:44 AM
    Do you have any that you would like to sell?
    realsweet Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2006, 05:44 PM
    I don't want to mention where I got it from on the forum because I don't want to make it seem like Im advertising. The two places that I know of are in the Los Angeles area. If u live in these areas then let me know and we can talk in private. They do not have a website, nor a catalog I don't think.
    Bleu007 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 02:25 AM
    Hello Realsweet,
    I got 7% hydroquinon from my doctor office but every time I go I have to pay 50.00 for office visit. Can you tell me where I can buy it without going to see the doctor.
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Aug 25, 2008, 03:37 AM
    I Just Have A Question 4 U Hq Users.. Llolll Isn't Hq Higher Than 2% Dangerous For Long Term Usage And Make U Even Darker After A While?
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Like yes your skin turns, black or green

Aug 25, 2008, 02:47 PM
    Lolllllllll no wayyyyyyy greenn. Am not messin with this hq thingy

Aug 25, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Damnnnnnnnnn Green?lolllllllllllll
    nikki1000 Posts: 98, Reputation: 3

Aug 25, 2008, 03:32 PM
    I use HQ for pigmentation and my skin is not green or black thank the lord lol!. but then again I'm not using a 40% and I'm not in the sun and I'm not using it for 40 years at that high percent

That's where the problems are with HQ using it a super high concentrations and for YEARS... that and being in the sun hence all the problems with people using it from the caribbean and africa

Aug 25, 2008, 09:43 PM
    How many percent do use?nikki
    tai18 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Aug 26, 2008, 01:19 AM
    your skin definitely won't turn green LMAO... at least not from HQ 2% because that's what I use honestly if I showed you guys a old photo of me from when I was 14 to now (16 turning 17) you would be shocked=) everything works different for everyone's skin I guess.. HQ 6% is STRONG I tried 3% ONCE and that made my skin breakout. OH YEAH I found a new lightener you guys can try its called "Juice Organics Brightening Cleanser" :) no HQ in it for you guys
    tai18 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Aug 26, 2008, 01:33 AM
    Bleu007 to get 7% HQ you have to get it from the doctor. . OR you can get creams with HQ Kojic acid, Bearberry Extract with Alpha/Beta Hydroxy Acid Complex that equal up to 6% which should work the same=)Buy Physicians Complex 6% Skin Bleaching Cream Online at drugstore.com... also here in Canada they have HQ creams up to 4 & 5 %

Aug 27, 2008, 02:58 AM
    Thank Tai18. Last week, I had some of my sun/aging spots removed at the doctor office. I bought a bottle of HQ 7% from him. I put on every day and it faded some, last night I put a lot more on each dots and this morning they turned darker than ever. Now, I'm so scared. I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow, I'm sure he will tell me to come in which I will have to pay 100.00. I just want to hear what they say but I think I will wait for a couple weeks to see if its better. What do you think I should do? Will they fade over time or should I put something on? I'm so depressed right now. The clerk told me to spread on those dark spots or even the whole face if I want to but I instead of spreading evenly, I put dots after dots and I think that might cause it. Please help! I'm so worried and depressed. Thanks

Aug 27, 2008, 03:06 AM
    Hello Tai18, I just read you post above and you mentioned about after using HQ higher than 4% it will give you the dark, burnt circle. That's what I'm having right now. Will they go away overtime? Is this hopeless situation? I just started using for less than 2 weeks. When I spread all over my face, it was OK but last night I put dots on each area and that's how I got this.

Aug 27, 2008, 11:30 PM
    Bleu stop using it 4 now let the darkness go away.. and in the futur don't use it too much it might damage yr entire face.thats why its best to use the 2%hq,cause the higher the percent of hq is the higher risk it has

Aug 28, 2008, 09:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kpangor
    bleu stop usin it 4 now let the darkness go away.. and in the futur dont use it too much it might damage yr entire face.thats why its best to use the 2%hq,cause the higher the percent of hq is the higher risk it has
    Do the darkness will ever go away completely? And how long does it take. I know it takes longer because before putting HQ on, I had nitrogen treatment to remove my aging/sun spots then I put some Retin A on then the next day I put lots of HQ 7%. Now I know I was stupid to do that. I called the doctor office and they told me I burnt my skin by putting too much and that I should wait until the skin heal to use HQ again. After this, I'm not sure if I would want to put HQ on my face again. But then, the other areas, where I didn't have nitrogen treatment, they are fine so I just have to wait and see.
    If it's only burning then I think it will go away but I did some research and they said it can cause ochronosis if you used too much HQ. I just hope ochronosis only develop when you used it in a long run, since I only use for less than a couple weeks, I hope it's only burning. Thanks for your reply.:)

Aug 28, 2008, 09:08 PM
    By the way, I ve never use HQ before, the doctor gave me this HQ 7% and said it would help to fade my brown spots from nitrogen treatment.
    nikki1000 Posts: 98, Reputation: 3

Aug 29, 2008, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kpangor
    how many percent do use?nikki

I only used obagi at first that worked but after a couple months you experience plateau effect so I bumped mine up to a higher percent it was over 10% can't remember how much exactly

But it worked I used it for 3 weeks fully with retin- a on my pigmentation and never had any back or green colour to my skin

A lot of those cheapy African products are contaminated with mercury when I used fair and white my skin burned peeled went red raw my skin looked obviously bleached out it was disgusting so I know there's something in that that isn't legit

When I use retin a in 1% I never experienced any of those problems and retin a is strong and when I used obagi I didn't experience any of the effects that fair and white gave me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hydroquinone [ 38 Answers ]

I wonder if there are good products that conatins Hydroquinone 2 % ? For worldwide shipping, I found one site but the shipping for other coutries than Usa seems to be very hard to understand, manual shipping intructions, and you have to make everything on your own. Weight, types, and everything....

Hydroquinone [ 4 Answers ]

Please read the other topics I wrote, this one can you delete moderator, I start to write and sudenly just click the button, my fault :) Read my other topic:) Bye

Safe Percentage Of Hydroquinone [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, Ok here's the deal. My face is a light brown complexion BUT... my eyelids are still brown. I've tried kojic acid, makari, hypercreme and I can't for the love of god lighten my eyelids. So I thought 'ah a small percentage of hydroquinone should help''. I don't know of any safe creams...

IS hydroquinone really that Bad? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know about you guys but I'm really getting tired of searching for a skin lightning product that actually works, I mean I've probabley searched every where, read every forum and article about skin lightning, and I'venoticed that the products that people are saying really works are the one's...

Hydroquinone 2% [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Lots of beauty creams for dark skin contain hydroquinone 2%.word is being passed around that this chemical is accumulative and can damage the kidneys. Can anyone verify the authenticity of this claim?is it science or myth?

View more questions Search