Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fgmary Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 08:59 PM
    If you are selling your home "as is" must you leave the appliances?
    If YOu are selling your house "as is", must you leave the appliances?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 09:02 PM
    No as long as you make it clear from the very beginning that they are not included.
    So you should even do that before they even walk through the house and make it clear again before they agree to anything AND have it in anything they sign that should include stuff like that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 09:04 PM
    Actually all houses are sold as is basically, if after the buyer makes a offer, if he wants a home inspection, you can either accept or deny that

In your offer to sell ( your listing) you say if you are including them or not. In the offer to buy, the buyer will ask for them, or not ask for them.
    Most home purchase contracts are very specific on listing these.

As is, is really more of a car purchase term, but in a home sale it can be listed to mean that you are not willing to fix any defects in the home at this time,
    deedgrabber Posts: 34, Reputation: 4

Aug 19, 2008, 05:39 AM
    Selling a house as-is refers to the fact that the seller will do no repairs on the house and that no guarantees of home condition are made.

It has nothing to do with personal property like appliances. Most of the time a separate personal property agreement is signed, and/or this is a part of the purchase agreement. Having an as-is clause should keep you from having to do repairs to any personal property included as well.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 19, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Generall a fridge is considered part of the house. Same with builtins like a stove, dishwasher, etc. Clothes washer and dryer are more likely considered personal property.

But the easiest answer is to have a separate document describing what will be included

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I ask "no lease" roommates to leave my house? - Maryland [ 3 Answers ]

I own my home in Maryland and I have roommates with no signed lease. I do sign a receipt for the ones in question every month acknowledging that I received rent from them. Here's where this gets weird. I originally started with two male roommates. Then later on the one had his girlfriend come stay...

Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Who would win between these 2. Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 My vote is for Oscar to win this time by unanamous decision.

Selling Home "As-Is" While in Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

Just informed by sister that she refiled for a second period of bankruptcy (5 addt'l yrs) due to being behind in housenote. She filed for bankruptcy I believe seven yrs ago and she was at the end of the seven yr period Aug 07, but apparently got behind in house note and said she refiled. I'm very...

Selling tickets to hear "me" preach! [ 14 Answers ]

The latest and greatest mega church and minister in my city tours America, selling tickets for $10.00 to spend "An Evening with ________." A regular "worship service" is conducted. What are your thoughts re charging to enter a worship service? Of course, offerings and contributions for the...

View more questions Search