Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caitlincaitlin Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Aug 18, 2008, 08:11 PM
    I slept with my best friend twice and I don't know what to do.
    My best guy friend and I have been very close for year, just as friends. That is until two weeks ago when we got drunk and had sex. Then it happened again the following week. We are part of a close knit group of friends and no one knows, not even my best of friends. I am not sure what to do because I love him as a best friend, but I don't think I can have a boyfriend right now. I would not be faithful or a stable girlfriend.

I'm shocked at what we did and I don't know if we should tell our other friends or just keep it a secret and try not to let it happen again. Help. :confused:
    Christopher618 Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 08:31 PM
    Your story is kind of funny. When I was 16 I slept with my best friend. She was 20. I had mature faster then normal teens do to the fact I basically took care of myself but anyway. We always hung out and had talked about what it would be like and what would happen if we did. Well one night we got to drinking and one thing led to another and bam, we had done what we swore we wouldn't other then talking about it. It was good for both of us and especailly her since she always anticapated(spelling) that moment. Going on... It happened again like 2 night later... Also great again... After that we kind of felt weird about it and quit hanging out. Now I see her here and there and it's still awkward and I'm 22 now. My advice, don't tell any of your friends and depending whether you want to risk losing a friend over sex on down the road is up to you. Just make sure he know how you feel and try to have a understanding with him.

Hope this helps some how. You live and learn.
    servicesale Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by caitlincaitlin
    My best guy friend and I have been very close for year, just as friends. That is until two weeks ago when we got drunk and had sex. Then it happened again the following week. We are part of a close knit group of friends and no one knows, not even my best of friends. I am not sure what to do because i love him as a best friend, but I don't think I can have a boyfriend right now. I would not be faithful or a stable girlfriend.

I'm shocked at what we did and I don't know if we should tell our other friends or just keep it a secret and try not to let it happen again. Help. :confused:
    Hi caitlincaitlin ,

Don't worry about what happened between you and this frind and make sure you never do that again, but if you can't trust your frind that he can keep it as a secrit tell your best frind to cover yourself , or every one is going to look at you a bad look. Answer me if you want to dicusse it with me again and tell me how old are you and how old os your frind>??
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2008, 08:42 PM
    I think hooking up with close friends is very common. There's always the curiosity of what could be and you already have strong feelings for the person.

Don't tell your friends - that will make it more uncomfortable. Just try to be yourself and try not to let the friendship suffer.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 10:54 PM
    Ages, please?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2008, 11:03 PM
    And... can we tone down on the large caps... and the bad spelling?

Aug 19, 2008, 04:07 AM
    I am 21 and he is 22
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2008, 05:23 AM
    Time to lay off the alcohol since neither of you seem to know when to stop. The key here being these were alcohol driven incidents.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 06:44 AM
    Yep Alcohol is the key to things like this that happens.

Aug 19, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Its not just the alcohol though. I think that we might actually like each other but we are scared to admit it to our friends. And also, once the truth comes out the complicated stuff starts...
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by caitlincaitlin
    its not just the alcohol though. I think that we might actually like eachother but we are scared to admit it to our friends. and also, once the truth comes out the complicated stuff starts...
    Oh the fact you like each other was never in question. The fact that you both drank enough to get drunk is. Not just once but twice. Drunk people do stupid stuff... like get pregnant or sleep with people they don't know and catch horrible diseases.

If you do something drunk you won't do sober, that tells you that you are drinking too darn much.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 10:22 AM
    Look, girlfriend, what you do DRUNK is not acceptable behavior! That is one reason why people get drunk, to loose their inhibitions and go on the prowl. After something happens that they couldn't do in a sober, normal world, they see what they are capable of.

This is real simple, get a grip! Don't act on all your impulses!!

Everyone needs their own set of ethical/moral standards-there is no way to be happy without having personal standards!. time for you to think about this--on relationships primarily with men since you are having real difficulties. First moral standard... no sex when drunk. Go on from there. :)

Best wishes to you, :)
    Christopher618 Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 12:48 PM
    I'm 23 so I feel for what your going through. If you guys are really attracted to one another and both of you get along and everything is fine and dandy besides your friends then I say don't tell any of them. That way the complicated stuff stays out of it and you guys still get to do what you want. Do what you want to do and not what anyone else wants you to do. Because it doesn't matter what we say your still going to do what you want to do. Just put your best foot forward and do what you feel is right. Good Luck
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 01:50 PM
    If you hide now from your friends, what will happen if they find it later?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I slept with her best friend but its her I really like! [ 7 Answers ]

Hey, I like in a student house of 5 guys and this isn't the type of thing to ask them, and I apologise it's a bit long winded. About a year ago I was sort of seeing a girl, whose really nice but after sleeping with her and being around her best friend I realised that I had chosen the wrong girl....

Slept with my neighbour/friend/ex's friend/he has a girlfriend [ 20 Answers ]

So I was drinking at my friends house when he showed up just in time to give me a ride home and we've lived across the road from each other for quite some time now and we were friends in grade 7 until now... we're both 19. I had a great night with him we were up until 6 and woke up at 9: 30 to do...

I slept with my best friend, I feel terrible [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, In last few months I have great, perfect, awesome, best friendship with one girl. She is ex of my ex-best-friend and I'm ex of her best friend. So this is our love circle. And by the way, we are in the same class. We used to talk about EVERYTHING. Last night we were drinking at my place,...

I think my friend slept with my ex the other night [ 18 Answers ]

OK so this has really been stopping me from moving on, but I think my ex slept with on of my best mates on Sunday night. I saw that they were about to leave the club 2gtehr but they saw me and walked back in. I then went down to him and she ran out. He never went home that night because I stayed in...

View more questions Search