Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweet20 Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Aug 18, 2008, 05:38 PM
    He hits me.
    My boyfriend hits me a lot in front of my 2 yr old . He has no shame whatsoever . He is the jealous type and really sensitive . I tried leaving him but I can't he is a stocker and more violent then what he is. I can't call the police because he always runs from them and gets away with it. I'm at the point where I'm going crazy can somebody that has been through this please give me advise?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 05:42 PM
    You need to call the police. He will be arrested for domestic violence. You do not need to be repeatedly hit by him. Abused women have rights. You deserve not to be hit. You need to call the police.

What do you mean "he always run from them and gets away with it"? Have you called the police and they show up and do nothing as he has left the premises?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Is it your place or his? Do you have any family or shelters you can go to?

You do need to get away from him. Your 2 yr old doesn't need to grow up with this it will teach her all the wrong things about a good relationship and often kids end up accepting what has become normal for their life.

Aug 18, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter
    You need to call the police. He will be arrested for domestic violence. You do not need to be repeatedly hit by him. Abused women have rights. You deserve not to be hit. You need to call the police.

What do you mean "he always run from them and gets away with it"? Have you called the police and they show up and do nothing as he has left the premises?
    Yes when I call the police he leaves . I've done a police report and there's been times when police have came for him because he has warrants for his arrest and he takes of running and police can even keep up with him. It happened 4 times.

Aug 18, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Is it your place or his? Do you have any family or shelters you can go to?

You do need to get away from him. Your 2 yr old doesn't need to grow up with this it will teach her all the wrong things about a good relationship and often kids end up accepting what has become normal for their life.
    It is my house. Its just me and my baby.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Since he has warrants can you call the police without him knowing and let them know where all he hangs out and the best times to find him home?
    I better say sheriff/constables since some will correct me and the constables are more likely to arrest him for outstanding warrants anyway. I rarely see police getting involved with that.

Since it is your house you have rights to go through procedures to have him removed.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Change the locks, do not let him in, get a panic button, if he comes in call the police right then. Don't allow him to hit you.

You have all the signs and words of an abused women, you can't leave you can't get away from him and so on. Yes you can, get a order of protection if you have to, just say NO, and mean it
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 07:11 PM
    If he has warrants, why aren't they served on him at his work address? And no, he hasn't gotten away with this - he's just evaded and eluded the police. His day in court is coming, trust me. The wheels of justice grind exceedingly fine, is something my mother used to tell me, and she was right. Just keep making the police reports if he does come back.

But, if I were you, I would do as Chuck advised to change the locks on your doors and don't let him in. If anything, call the police while he is at your door (probably breaking it down) and they WILL catch him. It's just a matter of time before he's in jail where he belongs. Take heart, your problem is going to be solved soon - by him of all people. He seems like the type who can't take no for an answer so I'll bet he'll be back so keep your cell phone handy and call the police as soon as he's at your door. They WILL catch him.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Oh, come on girl, you can't let anyone do this kind of violence to you and your baby(the baby sees it).

If you have a father or brother or uncle go and "straighten him out" and have the locks changed on your front and back door.

Have a man stay with you every night for awhile... check with a pastor of a local church.

Now, get a backbone, there will be plenty of boyfriends in your future once you get your head straight about violence. :)
    lostnfound Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Call the police, get you and your child into a shelter, and move out of your house. You need to get as far away from his as possible, and get a restraining order as well.
    joanne 1986 Posts: 165, Reputation: 7

Aug 20, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lostnfound
    Call the police, get you and your child into a shelter, and move out of your house. You need to get as far away from his as possible, and get a restraining order as well.

Good advice,you definetley need to get out if this relationship for yours and your child's sake.Obviously this guy is know man if he hits a woman especially in front of a child.is there any family near by that you can go to?
    Dragon72 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 10:55 PM
    From a man's point of view this boy is not even close to being any sort of a man let alone a good one. You need to get away from him no matter what it takes if not for yourself then certainly for your child,especially at 2yrs. Old when they're brains are like sponges just soaking up everything they see and hear. And it will stay with them for the rest of they're lives. Sounds like he has destroyed his life don't let him do the same to your child or yourself. Bottom line is get out,get away and do whatever it takes to make that happen regardless of what sacrifices have to be made to personal belongings.And don't put too much faith in restraining orders because in the end it is just a piece of paper with his name on it, that does not put a cop at your side for protection he still can do some serious harm or worse and have time to do it since nobody will be there to call the police. And chances are having a restraining order against him will get him more ticked off and he just may end up going too far and the end of that road is one you or your child should never have to reach as a result of someone who just is not worth your time and effort. Hope this helps and I hope you do get away safe.
    amanda-kym Posts: 78, Reputation: 5

Aug 24, 2008, 07:10 AM
    I have been in the same situation and my daughter was also 2. trust me it damages them to. I had to go to all sorts of classes to help her deal with her anger issues and what she saw. Please get away for yours and your child's sake. I also had the problem of him getting away before the police arrived. In the end the police made my home more secure. I got extra locks, door and window alarms and panic alarms. I know its frustrating but you must persevere. It will get better
    amermonstarsgir Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Call the police without him knowing and then get you and your baby out. Go to a friends house or somewhere else where he wouldn't look. When the police catch him change all the locks at your house, possibly get a security system put in and have family or friends stay with you for a while. Your child does not need to see this and if he hits you then sooner or later he will hit your child. Better get out while you can.
    bclw6410 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2012, 05:42 AM
    If thre is a next time, don't let him know you are calling the police. Trust me, I have gone through this but without the baby, if you sty in this relationship you will end up getting hurt really bad something coud happen to you, or your child. Think about the baby, is the baby more important or him ?
    helpwithlove123 Posts: 24, Reputation: 5

Jan 5, 2012, 08:19 PM
    CALL THE POLICE! ITS DANGEROUS AND INNAPROPRIOT FOR YOUR CHILD! Have a plan so that the police come when he hits you, or get it on film... something to get this guy away from you! Or get him to a mental hospital!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daughter who hits me [ 16 Answers ]

I have a daughter who is soon to be 14 years old. She is very shy and has a hard time making friends in school. She throws tantrums when she wants something that I tell her she can not have and then she gets abusive with me and hits me and kicks me. I would love to give all 4 of my kids everything...

Website hits [ 6 Answers ]

I Have A ? About My Website Do You Get Paid For Every Hit On Your Page And How Does It Works

My daughter hits me [ 9 Answers ]

Hello! I have a 14 year old daughter that is on Zoloft for her anger issues. I have seen a big improvement but there are times she gets so angry with me, she hits or bites me. During this time, she is very disrespectful, angry, mouthy, etc. After her "fit" she is always sorry and says she...

I Think my boyfriend is envaded by whatever hits him! [ 3 Answers ]

Been with this guy for almost a year ( February will make it). He is 27 yrs at first I have thought that he suffered from some sort of mental health issues or anxiety issues... but I don't know... I picked up some signs but don't think they are still valid... It has happened twice that he has...

I want her and he hits her [ 2 Answers ]

I've become attached to a girl who has a boyfriend. We've been seeing each other going on about 3 months now. Don't call her bad for cheating until you hear her story. Her boyfriend hits her and controls her life. He takes her car that she pays for and goes where ever he likes, but she can not...

View more questions Search