juneleblanc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Unfit parent?
    What constitutes an unfit parent?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Abusiveness, neglect,
    It depends on what is going on and to what extent, the circumstances, etc...
    Like if a 10 yr old is being left alone at home so the mother can work is different than leaving an 8 yr old home so they can go to the bar.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 19, 2008, 01:53 AM
    In America, an unfit parent is anyone who does thing differently than you would and you're willing to make a big deal about it. An unfit parent is someone who isn't as smart or as nice or as financially capable or as generous or has as good a life as you do.

In America, an unfit parent is an attitude people seem to think can be thrown around without realizing just how dangerous and cruel it may be.

Meanwhile, there are unfit parents. If you suspect one, briefly tell us why, but before you do, make sure none of the stuff I wrote above applies to you. If it does, maybe you should drop it. If not, share with us more about your real concerns.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 05:43 AM
    In my opinion an unfit parent is... abusive,uncaring,leaves a child alone without supervision, doesn't care for the child on a daily basis... clean clothes,food,love them, comfort them in their times of need,listen to their worries, protect them at all costs, show them the right way in life.
    There are many things that come under this heading,but basically someone who has no feeling for their child allowing it to do what ever it wants,as long as it's not under their feet.

My opinion only

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unfit parent. [ 8 Answers ]

My husband and I are trying to get custody of our grandchildren. We live in Washington state and so do the children. We were told by the judge we need to prove our ex son in law unfit. What criteria is needed to do this. Thanks Flo

Is my ex an unfit parent [ 2 Answers ]

I want my 13 year old daughter to live with me after 2 years,my ex doesn't want to sign any papers because of child support.my ex only cares about money over my daughter.my daughter also wants to go.my ex doesn't buy any food for her and when she does buy food its burgers and junk food. Also the...

Step Parent Unfit To Parent? [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to find out how to prove a step parent unfit. My exhusband recently married a woman who my child is all but terrified of. I have asked my child several times what is wrong and they tell me this woman is mean, keeps the child from their father, slaps them, spanks them (which the woman...

Unfit parent? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 16 years old my mother is a drug abuser. She is constantly in a bad mood with out her drug. She yells at only me and blames me for the bills and has left me home for 3 to 4 dys with out food or drink before. I want to move in with my grandma and start a better life but she def. will not let me...

Unfit parent [ 1 Answers ]

What is the definition of an unfit parent in the province of new brunswick, canada

View more questions Search