Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    convington Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 02:04 PM
    My motage is free and clear but I still owe 100000
    This is my situation.I took out a home loan about three years ago.which was suppose to be my house and three acres.I went to sell my other house on the same property,and they had that house also.so they had to do a deed of release with the whole land.so my question is they never came back and put a mortgage on my home I took out the loan with.my deed is free and clear.so what can they do.I continue to make my house payments.but now I am getting behind.they raise my payment almost another 400.00 a month.I cannot afford this.so I quit paying,what can they do.they .the title is free and clear
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 02:12 PM
    First, are you absolutely sure that your current home is not still covered by a mortgage? It's possible that they released only the house that you sold but not your current home.

Second, if they did release your home and the rest of your land from the mortgage, and if you stop paying back the loan, then they can sue you for the balance of the loan. Then they'll have a judgment against you, which acts as a lien against your property. So they can't foreclose but you won't be able to sell or finance your property until the lien is paid in full, including the interest, legals fees, court costs, etc.

Third, it's possible that they can file a lawsuit to force you to sign a new mortgage covering your current home. Most likely the mortgage note contains language that you agree to cooperate with them if there is anything they need to do to make sure that your property is mortgaged as security for that note. If they file this lawsuit and win then they will be able to foreclose.
    deedgrabber Posts: 34, Reputation: 4

Aug 18, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Though the mortgage company has made a mistake lifting the mortgage from your entire property instead of the portion they had intended, you still owe the money to them and they will probably be able to successfully foreclose citing the mistake in the paperwork and other supporting paperwork which covers clerical errors. I've seen this many times where a mortgage company loses paperwork or fails to record an assignment, for example, and successfully forecloses.

So, pay the money if you can or sell before it's too late!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free/Almost Free Online Multiplayer Games [ 51 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could recommend any free/nearly free online multiplayer games. A few friends and I are looking for some good games over the internet. Preferably something other than a MMORPG as you have to devote a lot of time to those in order to keep up with each other. ...

Free Glasses - Free Eye Exam [ 12 Answers ]

Check out the tips and explanations, below, from our Vision Expert. Please do not post replies in this thread. If you have a question, click on the "Ask About Vision" button above.

Clear abs [ 2 Answers ]

How can I have more clearity in my abs?

Clear bra [ 1 Answers ]

Hello pretty lady, I thought since you are a model you could help me with this, I am looking for clear back bra, I do not want to wear the one you put on the breasts, I want to add padding that is why I need to wear a full bra and then insert the silicon , my dress is backless Thank you for your...

View more questions Search