Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunshine6 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 01:29 PM
    2yrs Narcissist free from the wrath of my X
    I am now 2yrs away from a bad relationship of 4yrs which I found out 2006 he was a narcissist ! Could someone please explain to me, how they can be so cold & treat you like they never even met you? We were close friends for yrs , we had great times together, Now just yesterday I saw him, not since 2006 , a part of me wanted to talk to him ? Is that wrong, That he abused me for years I have to forget somehow ? This really bites.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2008, 01:36 PM
    Good you saw him.

Now your brain can relax and make it less of a big thing.

You're done... moved on.. that was a little cherry on the recovery sundae. You were fine.

Normal to want to talk? Sure... you're human.
    Normal to actually go and communicate? Not so much... that's seeking trouble.
    Guidostern Posts: 247, Reputation: 17

Aug 18, 2008, 01:39 PM
    I can tell you that I wouldn't waste my time if he was abusive. Any man who abuses a woman doesn't deserve her in the very least, even if it is just as an occasional contact. But of course, in the end it's up to you. Do you think he's worth being friends with, and do you think that you're going to be able to be friends with him after the past you've had together?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 03:10 PM
    I think seeing him has stirred some old, forgotten, feelings up again, and your reacting to them. They will fade in time, if you go on about your life, without dwelling on the past.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting over a relationship with a narcissist [ 13 Answers ]

Has anybody else here been in a similar situation. It would be comforting to know that I am not alone... I am just out of a three year relationship with a controlling narcessist and phew I am having a tough time adjusting and getting my life back on track. He was a man with very few...

Narcissist/Sociopath girlfriend? [ 2 Answers ]

I became involved with a co-worker shortly before I was divorced. She just wanted sex at first but treated me like a FWB; a lot of feelings came out and I quickly became deeply in love with this person. As time went on, I started to realize her "partygirl" attitude and her lack of fidelity with...

Grapes of Wrath [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out the name of a song that is sung by the Grapes of Wrath. I saw the video for it quite awhile ago, couple years, and I really liked it. It has the guys sitting in a tree for most of the video and it's a slow song, ballad type. Anybody have any idea the name of the song,...

Depedent exemption on 2yrs H1b [ 1 Answers ]

Hi A T E, I have couple of questions, Before I would like to tell you in short my situation from india: 1)H1b since oct 2005. 2)Living in MA. 3) Sibling in KY on F1/OPT 4) support her $10k /year Can I claim her as a dependent as I have been suporting her through living and tution...

Grapes of Wrath [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out the name of a song that is sung by the Grapes of Wrath. I saw the video for it quite awhile ago, couple years, and I really liked it. It has the guys sitting in a tree for most of the video and it's a slow song, ballad type. Anybody have any idea the name of the song,...

View more questions Search