Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpnow Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Aug 18, 2008, 12:57 PM
    I messed up
    Ok so here it is... I've been dating a guy for a few weeks now and it's been going amazing. This last weekend we went camping together with some of my friends... I had extremely too much to drink and basically became an emotional nut job. Everything a woman shouldn't do I did... I caught him chewing which disgusted me and I threw off the handle and started a fight about that... then he was talking to another girl... got upset about that. This is SOOO not like me. I've been examining myself as to why I reacted the way that I did other than the fact I was hammered... I have come to the conclusion that, besides the obvious don't drink so much, I definitely have trouble communicating. Rather than yell or become jealous I could have asked him to talk to me alone and done it without becoming mega b*tch. I apologized to him the next day when sobered up and admitted I'd made a complete a$$ out of myself. But not to my surprise he said his feelings for me had changed. He said he didn't know if his loss of feelings for me was just that or just him being extremely annoyed and freaked out by my behavior. I've apologized and know if the situation had been flipped I would be freaked out as well. Him only knowing me for 2 weeks does not help because he doesn't know that this is not like me. Our last communication was yesterday and after much apologizing and reiteration that it was a fluke thing I told him it would not happen again if he gave me a second chance. Is there anything else that I can do? I really like him and I totally blew it! :(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Some times what people do when they are drunk shows their true feelings when they are drunk so it IS an upsetting thing and a set back when a person sees a side of you they have never seen or expected from you. All you can do is prove yourself in time and hopefully what they say about time healing all wounds will work in your favor.

Aug 18, 2008, 01:49 PM
    Let me just add that right now I am desperately trying to just not contact him and give him time. I just wish there was something I could say or do...
    brkfstatiffs Posts: 263, Reputation: 21

Aug 18, 2008, 03:07 PM
    There's nothing you can do now except give him space and learn from it. He should be the one to reach out to you at this point and realize you are willing to change. But calling him or talking to him right now will only push him away farther.
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Aug 18, 2008, 03:38 PM
    Yea I like the advice above, let this be a lesson for you.. never get abliterated in front of a new date, no good can come from this..

Maybe you should quit drinking too, and casually let him know that you're not going to drink around him anymore, it shows that you're being mature.. just let him do the next contact, and you need to be extra chill within the next couple weeks, but don't be fake either.. just find some comfort in this, if it doesn't work, it wasn't meant to be.. OK?

Aug 19, 2008, 08:28 AM
    Well I've made it a full 24 hours... I am very depressed. I've had trouble sleeping the last two nights in a row... I just keep replaying last weekend in my head and wanting to go back. He hasn't contacted me and my biggest fear is that he won't. God I blew it. :(
    flash84x Posts: 55, Reputation: 7

Aug 19, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Hmmm yeah... looking at it from his perspective that would probably set me off, if there was a strong connection though I would most likely still contact after a couple cool off days, just wait it out and let him get back to you

Just a few lessons learned to take from this

1. don't get wasted around new dates unless you are comfortable with the way you act when you are and don't mind what they might think

2. don't get too emotionally tied up in such a short relationship

3. I know you were drunk but... after knowing a person for 2 weeks I really don't think you have the right to tell them what to do (i.e. not chewing)

4. don't be the overly jealous/insecure girlfriend

Aug 19, 2008, 01:17 PM
    K if I haven't heard back from him by Friday I'm sending him this... haha

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5G4O5AMSevc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5G4O5AMSevc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Aug 19, 2008, 01:17 PM
    K that didn't work...

YouTube - Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time

Aug 19, 2008, 02:23 PM
    If you don't hear from him by Friday Don't send him that. You never know if he will take it as a joke, or if he will be like "omg she's crazy." You should just call him and say something simple like "hey just calling to see how your week went, give me a call when you get a sec, and if i don't hear from you i'd like to apologize for the way I acted last weekend." Keep it plain and simple and whatever you do don't make it sound like you have to so desperately talk to him or that he owes you a call back or else... just play it cool.
    flash84x Posts: 55, Reputation: 7

Aug 19, 2008, 02:24 PM
    Yea... don't start dedicating songs this early on haha

Aug 19, 2008, 02:25 PM
    And p.s. if he does get back to you and gives you another chance, take things very slow with him and remember it's always best when the man does the chasing... you will really need to play it cool with him going forward and not be clingy AT ALL. :)

Aug 19, 2008, 03:08 PM
    Awww I thought that video would be hilarious. He has a great sense of humor... But yeah you could be right.
    xoxolele Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Aug 19, 2008, 03:15 PM
    He has made up his mind, no use in beating a dead horse, because you trying to come up with ways to get him back or make him think different of you (since that's not how yopu really are) is useless. Him being a guy I'm sure knows that girls act in ways we would never think when they are drunk, for him to take it so seriously is his excuse not to be with you. When someone likes another, they don't let petty stuff get between that, someone who is really it to a person will let slide. In other words that was his excuse to break it off, it might sound harsh but dotn take it that way, its just the truth. Move on girly, there is way more fish in the sea especially for a pretty girl like you

Aug 19, 2008, 03:35 PM
    This all went down Sunday... the conclusion that he's made up his mind is a little too soon to say. When I talked to him on Sunday he said he needed a break... we talked a little casually and then he said he'd talk to me soon. If he doesn't contact me he doesn't contact me... but I still think that there is a chance. May be a small one... but it's still there. I don't want to try and sneak up ways to get him back or to like me under false pretenses... if I scared him off then that sucks but I have to accept that and I will. I'm just going off what I was feeling prior to this whole weekend going down... obviously I felt enough of a connection that I want to pursue it even after making a complete a$$ of myself. If he felt as strong of a connection as I did then I don't see what is wrong with me holding out hope. If I don't hear from him by the end of the week then I'll know.
    Xercen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 09:54 PM
    At least you know he didn't want to just sleep with you and the dump you. He invested 2 weeks of his time only for you to blow it.
    It's not attractive seeing a girl drunk.

But on the upside, because he invested 2 weeks on you (which is a lot from a guy's POV), then you still have a chance.

But make sure you keep grounded and DO NOT THINK TOO MUCH.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I messed up. [ 19 Answers ]

I messed up big time. Like I said in one of my previous questions my boyfriend broke up with me, 3 weeks ago today. Being that I'm adrinaline addict and was just trying to stay numb, I made the HUGE mistake of sleeping with my ex's best friend. I was IM'ing my ex last night and everything was fine,...

Wow. This is really messed up [ 8 Answers ]

Well I have a friend that I have known since I was little. And I found out that her step-father use to sexually abuse her. And her got her pregnant 1st time. She went to her mother and told her but she didn't believe her. So she went 2 get an abortion. And her step father keep sexually abusing her...

He messed up [ 24 Answers ]

I was working in the same company were my Bf is the co-owner we're leaving together for almost 9 months. He's a hot and attractive guy I can tell that because a lot of our employee has a crush on him. One of the employee really likes him to the point that she was offering her body towards him. This...

I think I messed up [ 3 Answers ]

OK I called my ex girlfriend July 4th we broke up like a month and a half ago she told me don't call her until she is ready to be my friend that was in June. So I called yesterday and had small talk I said happy 4th of July she said thanks and same to you she was using one word answers when we talk...

I am all messed up [ 6 Answers ]

I have never had a problem getting girls ever it has always been to easy for me I grew up with four girls I am not gay or bi but I am comfortable with my sexuality. Not to long ago I was living on cape cod mass. And I was dating the girl I thought I was going to be with for the rest of my life I...

View more questions Search