Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EMERIL LAGASSE Posts: 101, Reputation: 4

Aug 18, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Interior waterproofing
    Hi I am trying to find the correct way to waterproof my basement from the inside
    I do not know what the material is called that looks like corrugated fiberglass
    Installed on the lower part of the wall or how to find it
    A diagram would be very helpful: confused:
    Thank you
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 05:25 PM
    Now I'm confused, are you trying to use this corregated material to create the water proof barrier? Is the wall concrete or what?
    EMERIL LAGASSE Posts: 101, Reputation: 4

Aug 18, 2008, 05:30 PM
    It's a perimeter drain system with a sump pump
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Tell me if it cement or cider block wall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Waterproofing/Tiling Our New Shower Stall [ 32 Answers ]

Hi There, My husband and I are tiling our new custom built shower stall with Subway tile and we have been told 2 different things to do... can someone offer a tie breaker solution for us. Some people tell us that we must use the Orange Membrane (often seen on Holmes on Holmes) sold at Home...

Wall insulation/waterproofing [ 3 Answers ]

I had water/insect damage to a wall under a window. I believe I have solved the water problem and have replaced the studs, sill plate etc. When the new insulation is in place can I/should I cover it with plastic before I put up sheetrock - or will that make moisture retention worse?

Rubberized waterproofing for shower floor [ 2 Answers ]

Someone painted the shower floor/basin with some type of rubberized waterproofing sealer. We have peeled off most of it but it is stuck in all the grout linesa in the tiles under neath it . We've tried most every cleanser and even a steam cleaner but it won't budge. Does anyone know what I can use...

Waterproofing a laundry tub [ 8 Answers ]

I have what I believe to be a "soapstone" laundry tub. (It looks like it is made of 1" thick rock-type material . . . definitely not plastic or anything like that.) It was undoubtedly installed when the house was built - so is approximately 40 years old. I noticed that when I wash...

Waterproofing a shower bench [ 1 Answers ]

We're in the process of building a custom shower bench in our new shower and were curious on the options/process we have. The bench will be outside a prefabricated swanstone shower pan. I know it has to be waterproofed etc before we can tile it but was wondering that material we should use to...

View more questions Search