Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjh65 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2006, 11:39 AM
    Kenmore HE4 dryer won't start
    I have a kenmore HE4 dryer less than a year old. It lights up and lets me choose my drying options, but when I press start it just beeps like it does when the door is not shut properly. The light burned out yesterday could it be related? It is driving me crazy because I keep thinking it must be something simple. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. Thank you for any ideas you may have.
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Apr 22, 2006, 08:41 PM
    What is the model number of your dryer? Without it, I can't be much help. Thanks.
    sjh65 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2006, 07:45 PM
    The model number is 110.85089400. Thanks
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Apr 23, 2006, 08:31 PM
    This dryer is basically a Whirlpool Duet dryer. To check the door switch, you will have to take it apart and use a volt/ohm meter. If you have a meter and are comfortable with this prospect, we can continue. This dryer isn't the easiest to disassemble, so I just want to make sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore HE3 Dryer [ 4 Answers ]

Dryer is getting electricity because the lights come on when a drying selection is pushed. The drum will not turn. When I press the start button, I hear a clicking sound and nothing happens after that! What's up with this?

Kenmore dryer [ 4 Answers ]

My dryer go on but there's no heat I just had it fix for the same problem. I was told it had a breaker that may turn heat back on. HELP I don't know where it is. Thank you.

Kenmore Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

My dryer runs. But, there is no heat. Is that an easy fix?

Kenmore Gas Dryer [ 3 Answers ]

When I push the start button it sounds like it wants to start but it won't. I opened the door and depressed the safety switch to see if the drum would turn, It won't. If I keep pushing the start button, after a few seconds it stops making a noise like it is trying to start and begins to click( like...

Kenmore dryer won't start [ 2 Answers ]

No problem at breaker/fuse box. Outlet appears fine. Light on in dryer when door opens. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search