Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    [email protected] Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2006, 10:52 AM
    How can I help my dad?
    :confused:
    I don't know how to help my dad. He's very very sick, and in ICU at MCG. He's been there for 2 weeks and the only thing that they can tell us is they found a spot in his left lung. I think that is might be a form of mesothemioma, and whenever I try to talk to the doctors and tell thiem what I think they brush me off. And I know it's because they've been to medical school and I'm just a 16 year old girl who hasn't even graduated from high school yet, but maybe they could learn something from me. The day you stop learning is the day you die. And I know all of my dad's symptoms, and history and all they know is what they're willing to hear from us. I'm almost positive that this is what's wrong with him, but what can I do for him? How can I help him out? I feel so helpless. And I just lost my other dad 4 years ago, I don't know if I'm going to be able to cope if I lose him too. Someone please help me!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2006, 05:26 AM
    Hi,
    I am sorry to read about your Dad. At 16 yrs old, it can be difficult to accept the fact that Doctors (in the great majority of cases) do know what they are doing. I am 64 yrs old, and my wife has gone through Chemo and Radiation treatments for tongue cancer. Now, after two years, she is cancer free, but has had many complications, due to her condition before all this started in 2004.
    Your doctors don't want to listen to what you think is wrong with your Dad, because after, I am sure, very extensive testing, they do know more than you. I am not saying your Dad has cancer, only the Doctors can tell you that for sure.
    If you are a religious person, the very, very best thing you can do now is to pray for your Dad. Prayer is the most powerful force in the World. Pray for him every day, and for yourself for strength to accept and get through this.
    Be with your Dad, when you can, just talking with him.
    It would be interesting to know what you think is wrong. Please post back, with your diagnosis. Is it anything close to what the Doctors tell you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search