Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    home123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Need to find acting auditions
    I want to get started on my acting career. What is the best way to find out where auditions are being held? Is having an agent necessary to getting jobs? What should be the start pay for a beginning actor?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 08:36 AM
    Hello home:

You'll need an agent to get the jobs. Well, you don't NEED an agent, but you don't NEED a car either. However, both of those things are quite helpful.

Starting pay for an actor depends on what kinds of roles you get. If you're an extra in a movie or a commercial, it should pay about $150 a day, plus lunch. If you get a starring role in a movie, you could make millions. That's why you need an agent - to negotiate your million dollar contract.

excon
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2008, 02:47 AM
    Hello, home123!

What is the approximate location where you are, please? Depending where you are, there might be a dinner theater nearby where you could get a start at acting by auditioning for the shows.

Do you sing and also dance? It would also be helpful to know about those things here.

To begin to get acting jobs on a local level, you don't really need an agent. But, you might need to network with people who are already in the profession. Yes, you will need an agent if you want to get into anything on a national level.

What do actors make? The amounts will vary greatly depending on the roles, where you will be working as well as for whom you will be working.

I have a cousin who makes his entire living performing in dinner theaters around the country. I'm sure that the experience and reputation that he is getting as well as because of the fine talent that he already has could lead to him having some big time roles where he could be making some really fine money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acting! [ 4 Answers ]

To whom it may concern, I am very, very interested in becoming involved in community theatre here in chicago. I currently live in chicago and have just completed a year's worth of acting classes at a local theatre school. Simply, I want to start performing. I want to really experience the...

Cat acting Very Odd! HELP [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I have a male (leo) cat I have had since a kitten, he’s always been a little odd, he is quarter Burmese, but lately he has been running around the house like a mad thing, jumping up on furniture and suddenly freaking and dashing about like a crazed animal. How ever when I pick him up he calms...

Why is he acting like this? [ 3 Answers ]

I use to like this guy who has never had a girlfriend or kissed a girl before. He did some things to suggest he liked me, and I don’t think it was wishful thinking, others agreed just thought he was shy. His friends found out or figured it out and meddled without asking me and told him Ive liked...

Where can I go to find auditions for commercials or sitcoms ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I'm a 14 year old boy. & I'm really interested to start acting on Television. Maybe I can start acting on a T.V commercial or maybe as an extra in a movie or in a T.V series. I live on B.C Canada, but I'm not sure on where can I go to get started on this acting career? Where can I go on my...

View more questions Search