Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nancy414 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 06:40 AM
    Blister on nose,size of silver dollar, nose res,hot swollen
    Please help us. My husband 53 yrs old. Woke up 3 days ago with a Dark red, very hot to touch, swollen nose with a blister, the size of a silver dollar. It still hasn't broken and also the first day his cheeks were red and hot to touch. We have no insurance and he won't go out of the house. I have researched and can't find anything like this. Can you PLEASE HELP US! I don't know what to do Anything is greatly appreciated.
    Than you very much,
    Nancy
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 07:09 AM
    Could possibly be a Boil.

Boils Treatments, Symptoms, Causes and Prevention on eMedicineHealth.com
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 07:34 AM
    Hello Nancy:

Even when I didn't have insurance, I still went to the doctor. Your hubby should too. He's embarrassed?? Tell him to wear a veil.

excon
    nowater12 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 02:27 PM
    First since I am a nurse your husband should go see a doctor but his blister could range from a spider bite to herpes to a staff infection or cellulitis the only way to know for sure would be to see a doctor
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Aug 20, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Have you tried anything? Give him some Benedryl, maybe it is a allergic reaction. I am no Doctor though and the best advice is to go to one like everyone else is telling you.

Maybe WebMD has something helpful: WebMD - Better information. Better health.
    dawnfrye32 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2012, 02:37 PM
    Try a hot compress, and you can use a drawing salve like smile brand to bring the infecton to a head so it can drain. Hopefully its just a boil, if it gets worse it may be staph and hell need a dr for antibiotics.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fix my Red Nose! [ 4 Answers ]

I know this s weird question but I don't know how to fix this. When I get hot (not even that hot) my nose turns bright red. I know its normal to blush and get red when your hot, but I only get red on my nose and no where else. The same thing happens with my hands and my feet. I went to a doctor...

Should I get my nose done. [ 9 Answers ]

Okay, there is this absolutely beautiful girl on my campus... we have the same facial structure... everything... skin tone you name it. The only thing that is making me so ugly an her so beautiful is my nose. I am getting my nose done that is similar to hers. At least I think I am. I do not...

Nose [ 5 Answers ]

Really dislke my nose, its broken so I really dislike the shape more than the size. I was wondering what can help with this make up wise? And what make up would you recommend , how many shades darker and what brushes?

Lump the size of a small nails head side of my nose under skin what is it? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am 14, and I have a very small lump on the side of my nose,which I have only just noticed, you can't see it, it is under the skin, can you please tel me what it is and what I should do??

Red Nose! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, can anyone tell me how best to get rid of a red nose? My nose is not inflamed or swollen but has become increasingly red/dark red. I have not been in the sun or extreme cold. Grateful for any help!! :( Thanks.

View more questions Search